Reviews for Opidan A Brief History
samwise606 chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
It's always neat to have a detailed background history of one's story, from the early days of primitive people to the present. Stories like that remind me of Tolkien's Silmarillion, and definitely show that you have enough care and pride for your story that you're willing to pour out your imagination into an entire chronology. The crystal at the beginning was intertesting-is that somehow related to the smaller crystal that gave William and Oanna their powers? It was neat to see how civilization progressed from Irontooth's reign, then to Isfard, all the way through the Silver Era today, and how you included wars and alliances and such to make it more realistic. And the idea of an inter-country monorail made me smile too. Great history. I know at the beginning you said it would be a while until the Tempest Team 3, but have you made any more progress since then? Just wondering. I might look in to your other new story soon too.

God bless,

Samwise
Mezmiro chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Quite an interesting compilation of Opidan's history. I suppose every country has its great wars, but the most remarkable fact of these histories is the stability during the Isfard Dynasty. 835-1796? 961 years without war. This really says something about Opidan's people, and its ruling class.

It's a sad tale of jealousy and fear..The Guardians. Exiled and bred out as time withered on, very tragic indeed. But now I wonder if the Guardians somehow preserved their bloodline in secret, which is why we see Seraph, Flux and the like?

Well, have fun in France! I'll wait in anticipation for your third installment of The Tempest Team.
Anters chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Wow, long time no talk (again!) I still really need to get back to my writting so you can beta-read. Damn my procrastination!

Anyways, this was really well written, it sounds exactley like something that would come from a text book, but more intresting seeing as it is more fantasy. That really makes me want to read another story of Tempest Team, but I suppose trying to write with lots of things to do is hard (been there, and still there myself.)

Totally can't wait for your third story to come out, still looking forward to it! Have fun in France, and TTYL!

-Anters-
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Contrary to theory, unelected civil servants aren't so benign and apolitical in practice. In fact, the ones that stick around forever are the ones that often make political machines (syndicates) possible. They're also always exploring for more ways to concentrate more power.

On the whole, this sounds like it would make a great Role Playing Game.
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Wow, that's interesting. I didn't know that Opidan had such neat stuff behind it...this could really add to the story.

I think, however, (the written part is fine), that you should include some type of timeline after the main writing. Just a layout, for a quick glance over. It was still easy to understand, though. Hope you have fun in France!

-WyrdWolf-