Reviews for Agony
Dominique Diane chapter 22 . 5/24/2013
I just read the second part and now I understand everything, it was so sad. How could he change so much?
Ms.Jennylautner chapter 23 . 1/2/2013
Wow not what I expected ! It's different ... I can't believe he's in jail :( why did he have to go crazy and kill him ? :(((( off to read the sequel :D
History student chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Untouchables were actually the worst caste to be in in India. They do ritually impure jobs such as being a butcher or a sanitation worker. Good story, just thought u should know abt what untouchables actually are :)
Yeasayer chapter 22 . 9/2/2012
Oh my god. This last chapter made me so emotional. My mum walked in and she was like, "Why are you crying?" I was just a big ol' blubbering mess!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
AHHHH
cutelilangelthing chapter 22 . 7/31/2012
When I finished the story, all I can think of about was OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED? Your story has so much drama and twists! From the start, the story seems like a typical high school romance where the girl falls for the popular guy. AND THEN CUE IN THE DRAMA: her best friend slept with guy's dad, mom's bf is horny for her, guy kills his best friend, guy ends up in jail. My feelings are conflicted about how much drama the story had. It feels both ridiculous and yet so shocking and awe inspiring at the same time. I loved how you ended the story. They admit their love for each other but she knows she can't wait for him. There was closure with the good bye. :) Overall-very pleased with the story.
absentmindedprofessor chapter 23 . 7/16/2012
I didn't know that Stranger was a sequel until I saw you mention it in an author's note... oopsie. Anyway, I liked this - the background. It was a quick, easy read and the transformation of Amelia seemed realistic. But unfortunately, my feelings toward Nathan have changed... a lot. :S I don't like him as much anymore, now that I've seen what he used to be. Eee. But I still love-love-love Amelia. She's still a sweetheart. :D
Mashinka chapter 19 . 6/4/2012
Okay, I like the whole "I'm Amelia Spitz, and I'm in agony," but seriously! Once is enough!
Mashinka chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
My biggest problem with this so far is the grammar/punctuation mistakes. Too many fragments, there should be commas before pet names ("Why are you getting of two stops early, princess?"), and since it's only a pet name, and not a proper noun, it shouldn't be capitalized. Otherwise, nice job. :)
mylittlePRINCESS chapter 23 . 5/16/2012
AMAZING!
subtly.obvious chapter 23 . 1/7/2012
Oh My Holy Crap.

wow.

You made me shiver.

You write amazingly. I think I'm a little bit in love with you.

I will think about this story all night now. And I will dream about it. Or have nightmares.
mia aurora chapter 17 . 1/3/2012
best chapter ! :D
mia aurora chapter 13 . 1/3/2012
heart clenching :( is that a word ? I don't care ..
Rosie chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Hey there! I'm a judge from a website called 'A Drop of Romeo' and I'm happy to say that your story has been added to our archive under the category of Geek and the Hot Guy. Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: It's hard to explain the way Mardy Bum writes - it's different, it's abstract, it's poetic, it's succinct, it contains real emotion. The whole story is unique and very dramatic. The prologue of 'Agony' is beautiful and very self-reflective, strongly showing Amelia's character from the beginning. All throughout the story, Amelia's voice continues to be intensely emotive as her strange relationship with Nathan evolves. Amelia also develops as a character and goes from being an insecure, invisible girl to finding her inner strength.

Her story has such an English feel to it, which is a relief from the many stories set in America. I like how 'Agony' is kind of a cliche turned on its head. It is definitely not what I was expecting from a Geek and Hot Guy cliche! I like how the social pyramid is tipped upside down, with the jocks and cheerleaders at the bottom. Although with the amount of drama in it, I did find it a bit rushed at times, it's still easy to read and draws you in. I was a bit confused at first with the whole layout, but the end clears that up and is sadly beautiful. I'm guilty of being addicted to Mardy Bum, so I'd recommend any of her stories. This is also the first book in a trilogy, so if you loved Nathan and Amelia (like I did), you can continue reading about them!
Riley T chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
just got done reading this story and i have to say i loved it very good
744 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »