Reviews for Hourglass
ashes and rose petals chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
i love poems with meanings to them. And all of your poems seem to have meaning. (Not that I have read all your poems but you get my drift) Thank You for writing such wonderful poems.
xoxoMizzatxoxo chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Amazing. This really makes me think about time and how little we have of it.
Ellerfru chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
I love how you compare blood and time, because blood is what makes a human live, and without being alive, time would have no meaning... And life does only have a meaning if you use your time well and don't waste your life... At least this is how I understand your poem - just my personal thoughts about it. Great poem, I love it!
Boots of Press chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Good. Very inquisitive and thought provoking. Your write though it's not as emotional as the rest. I think I like it more when you write emotional stuff but hey this was still great.-Press
Grace Maxwell chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Great poem. I love how you compared it. Blood and sand. Lovely work.

Haha. But thanks so much for reviewing. I'm okay and I hope you are too. Your poems are still top. -
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I think I loved the author's note just as much as the poem. Thank you for all your wonderful reviews. You're a wonderful poet and I admire the questions you posed in this. It made me think ;)
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I did enjoy reading your poem. Thanks for clarifying beacause I found what you clarifyed to be very true. I really love this poem. Great Job!

XoXo
Kat-Renee Kittel chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I believe we are about 21 grams...

That's how much weight "disappears" when we die...

of blood and time.
karone-sakura chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Very interesting piece hon. I enjoyed it a lot. You seem to always make me think lol. With the way you talk and the way you write. Keep up the great job and talk to you next time we are both on. I had work tonight and tomorrow morning. Talk to you later.

Kristi
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Very philosophical piece darling. Interesting concept comparing blood to time and sand. I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more poems from you.

Love,Hawke
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Wonderful work dear. Really liked the last two lines!
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Also, another clarification. Because I'm too lazy to go through the whole documnet editing and chapter replacement etc etc. I just wanted to let you know that because of the flexible nature of poetry combined with philosophy you can interpret this however you want. Time does flow like liquid. Also, it can be said that since the very moment we are born we are slowly dying, so is there not a steady trickle of life seeping out of us? And what better to portray life seeping away then with blood? Very open to interpretation I heel and I am very glad to hear your opinions and thoughts. Feel free to share and thanks so much to those of you that do.
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
i like the first stanza as a personification of time as something liquid. especially the "splash". time is most definitely fluid and always flowing, so you make a great point. when i came to the second stanza, though, the "slowly seeping through the cracks" made me think that the narrator was physically dying because of the blood conotations. might just wanna make that a little more clear, because by the time i got to the end i realized you didn't mean he was actually stabbed or something. oh well, could just be me. anyways. i like the life/time comparisons. interesting little write.
Kella Trams chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I like the though provoking images you give us here, particularly, "It's sand a brilliant shade of red." Then you compare time to blood which is interesting but a tad confusing when you switch immediately to "it is what gives our lives meaning/ giving our actions merit and value." if blood did the same thing than that comparison would be much more effective, but instead it's kind of confusing. And then time gives our lives meaning but it only has the meaning that we give it? Is this meant to be so circular? I like the fourth stanza, as it accurately portrays how even a person concentrating on how time is trickling away is letting it go without meaning. Interesting poem with good word choice and flow. The thought process is a little flawed though.