Reviews for ten rubbery fingertips
Tyndall Blue chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
your waterfalls are definitely growing on me
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I like this.. especially the ending and the part about the word slut.. great piece
A Pin One chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
You have a real good way to make people feel what you are saying it is great. I'm sorry for any of the shit you have to deal with I just read this one and your newest one just great.

Jesse
Elle Blaisure chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Wow, that was amazing. You really do have a profound way with words. I love all of your poems!
Susurrent Threnody chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
this is beautifully constructed.

"where I run away but always come back/ but when you leave/ you're lost for good" This is familiar, it's what you see everyday in relationships.
elasticbobaturtle chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Great stuff, you manage to integrate such sarcasm in your words; love it. The voice that carries your pieces are consistent and lovely.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Wow, delicious. definitely one of your bests. I love every line of that. it was so scrumptous. nice work and going on faves!
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
There is a lot said here. A lot of bitterness and a lot of blunt truths. Too many great phrases to list here, but I really loved:

'I wrote “thanks” on a piece of paper in blue ink and burned it; I would never say it straight to your face.'

I don't know if its my favorite part, but I know I'll remember it. Great poem, Juliet. I've love to sit down and talk to you about your poetry, but I'll settle for reading and reviewing like everybody else.

Peace, Daze
Farran chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
I love your style of writing the way it talks about day to day events then cut so suddenly into the associated moment. That dosn't qute say what I'm trying to say but you get the genral idear. Another wonderfly complex pice, well done.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
You rock my socks off! Simply one of the best poems that I have read yet!

All SMILES :)

XoXo
in theory chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
(had a very long, sleepless and alcohol-fuelled weekend so forgive me if I make little sense, and also for the late review. I plan on catching up with sleep in a couple of days so bear with me for general updates heh)

"my shape is hourglass, not square" is exactly how I see the female shape. Men have lines, solidity and structure, women have malleable curves and smoothness (in my view). Lucky girl to be hourglass, it's a rarity these days."I would love to see you naked/I would love to see you dead" is interesting, it's kinda leading your audience on a little then slapping them back down with a sly smile. (we love that).

And the newness of the month is inspiring too, April 1st was a very fun day for me (it kinda became the 2nd way too quickly) but yeah, interesting slant on that.

The part about you writing something and burning it and wanting to say it but knowing you never will is something I relate to instantly. So many poems/letters were murdered because I couldn't own up to writing it. (they were either appaling or too sentimental)

Again, your format choice with giving a letter-per-line works really well. It takes you longer to read the word "slow" so it fits, and then there's the reaffirming of this downwardsness in the next line. "you say slut like it's a joke" is something I thought about for a long time. I've fitted in the idea of saying things like they're a joke because my name sounds so much like that word anyway. And is slut a joke? How do you mean it? I wondered and eventually decided it's the whole nonseriousness of sexual stereotypes, how women are talked about as "easy" (and men too, especially in "my" community) and laughed at and discussed.

Soulmates...such a vast concept. Are souls so easily matched? I wouldn't say that I've ever come across a guy (or girl) who fit exactly my ideals. And it's half the fun to spread your wings and learn new things to like in people I suppose. I'm rambling (but up till now I've done better than I expected! hehe)

That whole last segment about the boy is very sensual, back twisting reminds me of snakes and coiled Latin dancing, candlelight and tequila. "and wax like a wolf at the window" LOVE that part, it reminds me of the moon being powerful (obviously ;p) A wild animal still obliged to submit even when they can't be caught.

"When you leave you're lost for good" I'm not sure I agree entirely, I don't DISagree I just think it's wider than that. It depends on your definition of "lost" as well, if you see it as not having a person or if you see it as them not having you. Personally I'd hope that I was capable of living without someone (though yeah there's always attachments, I aint a robot)...but I see what you mean too, there's a whole undercurrent of regret and nostalgia here. And the vocabulary is gorgeous, very inspired. Really great work, keep it up. Hope all is well,

j
method acting chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Don't worry lime popsicle, we do love you.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Wow, that's an insanely powerful poem. Great images and visuals. The message is so clear, too. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Carp chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
This sounds so...so bitter. But yet at the same time it's as though you learned a huge lesson from life. Unhappiness with happiness forming a sort of truce within yourself for someone else.

At least that's what I got out of it.

Nicely done.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
strong with overwhelming emotions... they should do medical research on bastards like that... (rapists and peadophiles too)powerful poem!