Reviews for We're Not Listening
beyond.that.horizon chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
WORD.
zomg anna from french classss chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
First of all, ignore the random review.

I was just going to tell you at school how much I liked this because I was too lazy

but then I was going through your Deviant Art and saw that you liked Draco Trilogy

and I had to rush to tell you that

OMFGBBQSAUCEIDOTOO.

Sorry. That is just my excitement

because .. well

I dunno. I don't know anyone else who has even heard of said trilogy.

Anyway. I couldn't tell you this on Deviant because, well, I don't have an account.

So.

By the way.

Awesome poem.

You can delete this if you want.

Just felt compelled to tell you.

:]

Have a nice weekend.
Reborn As I chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
i really like this peice. you've made your arguement with flare. even though i think it's narrow minded to dismiss a style of writing just because it doesn't appeal to you, this poem is great none-the-less. it annoyed me because i guess you could call me an emo writer, but i like to think i can recognize talent when i see it, and i see it here. i'll have a comeback peice for all you emo haters soon! mwahahahaha!
Violet Marx chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
Now that I look this over again, "sitting in clean bathroom stalls/ silencing your cell phone calls" sounds just a little forced. It's probably just me, though. Also, the line "and maybe the answer coats the edge of a knife" souds a little weird.

I love your lines like "think outside the spoon" and "-chew on that- but don't swallow". All in all, I really, /really/ like this one. The rhythm, and the ideas, and pretty much all of the rhyming.
Written chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
this poem is awesome. the rhythm, internal rhyme and just everything works very perfectly. look at me not make grammatical sense. I can't help but feel like I'm bieng slammed reading this, but then feeling like I deserve it. you have a powerful voice.
Violet Marx chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Wow, that was wonderful. I hope someday I'll be able to write poetry such as that. Not just the terrific rhyming, but the ideas and the pictures they paint as well.

As I am only ten (though it is good for you to be skeptical of this, it shows you are wise in internet safety), I can see nothing wrong with the poem. Though the way you break up the lines is new to me.
Take The Stairs chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
This poem is addictive. The beat gets to you, and you don't want the lines to stop coming. I applaud you for your bold choices in writing this poem. Wow. Wow. Wow.
oxytocin chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
This is really new and interesting and I don't think I've come across anything like this before... Slam poetry, you say? What's that? And I'm totally all for the topic. Even if I may have been victim of it myself :)
Bitter.Sweet.Endings chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I loved it. really. I don't know what to say. I usually critisize, but I feel unworthy to even say the 'c' word in your or your masterpeice's presence.
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Hey, great poem. You're right, this is quite similar in subject matter to my poem. Brilliant rhymes. I could never rhyme that well. Awesome job.
ExcuseMeWhileIKissTheSky chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
crafty, its one of the few longer poems that i actually read the whole way through, usually i get bored, (Small attetion span)
The Postscript chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
Yup. I too find myself frusterated by the poetry that seems to be coming in lately. Nice write, this really puts your message into a different but well-expressed, bold, and fresh poem. Keep writing.
CakeForEveryone chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
...DAMN...
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Haha, liked the ending.

Hate is a strong word. I am extremely frustrated with the emo angst movement, and the bad poetry that clogs up the sewage lines of this site (bad metaphors, anyone?) which may have made me slightly biased to your poem, but whatever. I like it anyways. It's direct, forceful, stong, and slightly humorous.
poet tree chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
*snaps wildly*

I am impressed - it's all so descriptive and visual. Very true, as well. Adding it to faves.