Reviews for Why do you Hate Us?
Asinine Epiphany chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Well, to be complaetely honest, this was a pretty arrogant poem, but I'm not really one to preach about arrogance. It was good. I liked the message a lot.
Around.about chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I agree though over the years many people have died in the name of countless religons (no not just christans)people who seem to be only concerned with doing what they belive is right. People are of all kinds will always be prosecuted for what ever reason and now people who belive deeply in their faiths (whatever they maybe) are under their own brand of attack from within and outside of their religons.

very honest I respect that

Sejse
Ashelin chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
To idkaap:It is not a rule that Christians be forever happy. It is not even possible. As a human, I have emotions and feelings, and become angry, unhappy, and even quiet rude at times. I let this out through poetry and writing, so, I am sorry that I seem smug. I don't want to offend anyone, I just place my opinion out there, and thats that. Thank you for your review, though I do wish I knew who you were...
idkaap chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Afraid Entertainedbygrass is right. It's true that most Christians (or you, at least) have a smug attitude. Your poetry has proven it. The funny thing is, Christians are supposed to be happy. (OMGWTF, that's like an unwritten rule!) Yet you can write only when you're depressed. Man.
WhinyPoetryFromGenerationY chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
We don't hate Christians, we hate the smug attitudes they carry. You don't know THE truth, you know A truth.
Rynx chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Being a Christian and saying so is better than admitting you're a sinner as an excuse to sin! There's nothing arrogant about it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the flak you're getting, but I am. Good job
hay chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
i totally understand this...its soo true and i love the message!good job

Hay
iknowthethirdthingaboutpoetry chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Aw, woe is you. In the meantime, please stop going around claiming to be a Real Christian. If you're one, people will be able to tell. If you're not, people will be able to tell as well. You don't have to be the one labeling yourself. Besides, going around saying you're a Christian (and a Real one on top of it) comes with a heavy responsibility. People are eager to judge, and they will-for some reason-assume that you're the epitome of all Christianity. I don't know about you, but I, for one, am not ready for that kind of responsibility, the imperfect human as I am.

Incidentally, this poem is too arrogant and self-righteous to be, you know, Christian. For example, in "We are like you but different/We know the truth/We know the way/We know the life," you're basically saying that you're better than non-Christians. Maybe it's not what you meant, but that's what it came out like.
Just One More Author chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
You're officially on my favorite authors list.

Usually, I don't like free-verse poems, but probably because this one hits so close to home, I really liked it. I know what you mean, how people can't tell the difference between the Crusaders and the apostles, between the Christian God who says "choose" and the religious nuts who say "Bow or go to hell!" The lack of knowledge about Christianity is staggering.

There's another thing I like about your poem. People will often blame Christians for being responsible for things we're not, or as that other reviewer said, still believe that WAS real Christians doing it. That is not God, but no one seems to believe it. We're ostracized as weak, or push-overs, or rigid, prejudiced people, when that is so far from what Jesus called us to do it's unfathomable.

Being called intolerant when Jesus spent most of his time talking to the tax collectors who embezzled people out of their money, the prostitutes and adulterers the rest of the world spat on, and everyone else the world rejected as "sinners".

Being called weak when it was the Christians who were lit on fire and hung from windows in ancient Rome in the days of Nero, and to this day have to deal with insult after insult about loving Jesus.

Being called to terms for the Crusaders, who in their blind ignorance and rabid zeal for the Church (but not Jesus) believed that God said "It's OK to kill NON-Christians", went and butchered the people of the near-East and not only destroyed the Church (killing many Christians in Greece, ironically enough), but left a scar still being felt almost a millenium later.

Being told that our God, who wants people to accept Jesus and follow his laws to protect ourselves from our own stupidity, is prejudiced because he won't let people who hate Him into heaven, when He Himself came down and was killed by those same people so they COULD go to heaven! For nothing simpler than accepting Jesus as your savior and saying "Yeah, I did screw up, and I'm willing to admit you're right, God. Forgive me."

It almost makes one wonder: who is God nicer to? Us Christians or the rest of the world?
Insane-Rassbery chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Hey. Ok I have to tell you that the poem I wrote was partially concerning a friend i had who told that because I was Jewish I would go to hell. I don't believe that G-d is predjudice but my point was that if G-d only let Christians into hevean then he would be (if that makes any sence) To me it was kind of like saying that G-d only lets white people into hevean. the poem was partailly written becuase I hate the fact that all lot of Christians (not saying all of them) do try to convert non Christians and I truly hate that. The poem was also partailly written concerning a peom that I read concerning religon, good and evil, that bothered me (though I'm not going to go into that) Anyways, I just wanted to explain my point. I'm not blaming anyone. I'm not saying that Christians are horrible people, I'm just saying that non Christians arn't horrible people who deserve an eternity in hell. I didn't write the peom meaning to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did. One more thing- didn't G-d create us sinners? Yes, G-d is perfect but he choose to make us imperfect. To say 'that seperates us from G-d' doesn't make any sense. What seperates us from G-d is that he is the ruler of the universe and we are people living in the world he has created. It's not like we are dirt beneath his fingertips, we are just his children. Anyways I'm sorry for my rant. I would like it if you could reply to tell what you think. If I'm still offending you, sorry.

Your peom was good. Some of the sentances need to be fixed up a little. And (I can't help adding this part) Christians are not nessisarily good people. To be a Christian you have to accept Jesus Christ, and that's all. I know becuase my next door neibor tried to get me to become one when I was like nine. Good people are people try thier best to do good. We all mess up. If we didn't we wouldn't be sinners (like you said) I really need to stop this review now, but I seem to have endless things to say about religon and would really apreciate if you got back to me just becuase I like to hear other people's opionions.-Insane Rassbery
An American Werewolf chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Well, this is a pretty good poem. There are some line breaks and flows that could be fixed, but that's not why I reviewed.

I loved seeing a Christian-eyed view of the whole 'religion' thing. But I can't help disagreeing with one thing.

Christians (real, god-fearing Christians) did do all those things. I agree that you shouldn't be blamed for them, but don't deny that they happened. At the hands of /God/.