Reviews for Peter Pan
MagicWords chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Magical!

Loved it!
Starfire17 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I enjoyed this. Inspiration does always come at the most random moments. The first stanza is the idyllic fantasy and the lack fo punctuation throughout only serve to reinforce the childlide surreal feel. I must admit I'd never thought to combine perter pan and mary poppins but now i'm suprised I've never seen it before.

One thing I didn't like though was the last two lines of the second stanza or rather I did like them but I thought that they could be better. For example it would flow better if it was "except for the one small fact that he's not you" or even keeping it how it is but increasing it's impact and empahsis by making "he's not you" a solitary third stanza with the second stanza ending in "except for the one small fact..."

Otherwise its another excellent poem and possibly my favourite so far :)
LostInLalaLand chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Congrats on the review marathon! This is your prize review.

I really like that it starts off as a light and happy fairy tale and then diminishes back into real life. The line "but you fade away like the stars" really demonstrates that effect beautifully.

I also love how you tied in two different fairy-tale (well, not really fairy-tale) characters. That really adds to the poem.

Keep Writing!

LostInLalaLand
mayoopatel chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Very interesting...i loved it

and hey, i have put new stuff on my page too so read and comment them
andrealiz chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
i love how you relate peter pan and mary poppins, two of my favourite stories, into one meaning.

beautiful.

thank you for all your reviews. they mean a lot to me[probably more than you realize]

:]
Just A Note In The Wind chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I like the idea of using two different stories to illustrate a sort of separation between the two. Great!
justasquirrel chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
ooh, nice ending~ i especially liked "you fade away like the stars"-lovely!

-K
Cait Street chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Isn't it always the truth? The one we want is not the one we get...Well its a fantastic poem.
heartbroken922 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
i really like this poem. everyone can relate to this one. i was looking through my old reviews and i noticed that you've reviewed almost all my poems so thank you so much. it really means alot to me. *hugs* good job with your poems.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
So many people (or I guess I should just say girls) find such a kinship with peter pan - he's like the last great boy friend before they becomes a "boyfriend" like even in the story he's on the cusp of that reality - it makes me feel sorry for him in a way, but also hunger for that boyish youth.

Youth before it becomes tainted. Well done with this.

Juliet.
laughter at the funeral chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
wow...you twisted fairytales together and made another one that is tragically beautiful...very good job...

truly yours...
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
I love the whole theme for this, if I could write this good when I'm fully awake I would be so good! The mixing together of the two different movies was wonderful.

Keep it up.
queenvixta chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I like this, very interesting. I hate it when you get an idea and then fall asleep and forget it. Good piece, I like the idea and the ending. Well done. V x
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
In that trajectory that flung white moon,

Upon her circles waning and waxing,

Diverse and changing with sun's reflection,

I often go and look for heart's answers;

Tonight she's full and sets close to sun's rise,

A synchronicity that moves and shifts,

As days evolve into short weeks and months,

To find anew the source of its old start;

In this I ponder how soul's red heart moves,

For it's a magic that revolves each night,

Leaving soul confused with hopes of newness,

When it seems eternal cycles bind all;

To rules of gravity that heart contain,

While hopes and wishes don't seem to pertain,—

Heart's longings for pure Tinker Bell maintain,

Joy crests in series in ocean's domain.

p.s. Sorry for the absence. Went to visit my brothers in Austin and Houston for a few days. BTW I'll be on sabbatical in South Africa from mid-May to July. m
Rosanna28 chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
I loved the second stanza! Very cooL, you did a great job!

Much love, Rosanna.