Reviews for Plant Monster
violent affectionist chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
you're so very imaginative. i like you.

but you know that. ;)

jk. anyway..you have to note how she walks in and says 'hello stranger' and take that literally. he's a stranger.

they're strangers. this is love at first site.

inspired by a true life.

love,me.
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Wow, that's a lot of imagery. When I opened the page the first thing that caught my eye was "go eat a mushroom", no particular reason; it's interesting in the poem... I love the ending, it's great.
darkling thrush chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
You know, I didn't review this one cause I couldn't think of how I'd go about it. It's a very unique thing to write about, especially in poetry form. Every time I read it it makes me think of something different. This time I thought of the scene in Sleeping Beauty when the thick vines have covered the castle and surroundings of where Sleeping Beauty is in her spinning wheel induced sleep. The mass that Prince Charming has to cut through to get to his True Love. Yeah, that one. Creative write! :)
mezzie chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
good movement in this, and colourful in all the colours of planty swampy stuff"sopping, leafy lump" made me smile because it sounded like something to call someone who's lazy : ) maybe i'll use it and elicit confusion from somebody : )

and it reminded me of the part in king kong where they are stuck in the crevice with all the bugs n stuff : )

and i like the ending!

mezzie
coal and marigolds chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Wow. The language in that is so full and rich and vivid. Wonderful job.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
gross but the imagery's very vivid to the point where i want to puke. haha. but that's not a bad thing necessarily. nice work.
Morcirith chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
i thought of the Green Man and Swamp Thing. i was surprised by the volume of description composed with such simple words and sentence construction. i love the second stanza! "fungal face" and "go eat a mushroom" made me cackle.
bright horizon splash chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
wonderful flow, reminds me of 'series of unfortunate events' for some reason. :) nice job! ~*
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
i love the flow of this, all the descriptive words are wonderful! great last line. nice job!
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
This has a marvelous sound and pace. So much specific description and texture. I like the word usage, it creates an amazing sound. Good work.
checkerboxed chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Oh, oh, oh! Nice. I love the whole natural-dank-ness of it. "a vegetable heart"... love it. once again, your word choice is astounding. well done!plus its a topic i dont think i've ever read about. nice, nice, nice. (in response to your review of Olderwiser, i was thinking Shrek. Haha. Ha. Ha. But Thanks. )mucho amor,rhia
nofaceme chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Very interesting! I like it..it reminds me of this overgrown fern named "Brutis" that my mum had. T_T it's dead now. But the last stanza was awesome i love the word "asphyxiate" that worked really well in the poem. Keep it up.