Reviews for Squad R: Journey into the Unknown!
breakthehabit chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Yo! So I read your story over the summer, I had no net [saved it on a usb] and I thought you might like a review, though it's mostly commentary. Here it is!

Chapter 5: Awesomely written so far, characters are unique and easy to distinguist. :D Great story.
Chapter 6: Wow. Femslash, AND that? I knew it. That's the only reason why Wendy would be so nervous about her physical. :P
Chapter 14: OMG IT WAS! I can't believe it.. sigh. Great story you're writing, it's just perfect in the amount of information you reveal. :D
Chapter 17: I honestly don't think the Admiral's secret is all that bad. I think everyone just overreacted. -_-
Chapter 20: Lol. At chapter 6 I was wrong. I was thinking dirty.. ;P She's a clone! Wow. Surprise me every time. :P I shall learn to expect the unexpected, especially coming from you. :P
Chapter 26: Wow. I guessed many things while reading this story, and I only got one of them right. You're a great writer, and I hope to be reading more from you sometime. :D So sad Fole died..
WarLord chapter 26 . 6/13/2011
Good Afternoon,

I may have not read all chapters yet, and due to stuff going on I do hope I will. But I guess I have a few things to say so far.

I like the concept of the story, it's good. Though I never really watched star trek or stargate I've always had a soft spot for sci-fic. So that's one reason I started to read. At first I was impressed with the story on many levels. So far I must say that the first chapter is the truly strongest and well written so far in terms of grammar, happenings and descriptions. Over all I was excited by the first chapter.

As time passed I however must admit things got a bit... out of control. While you managed to spice up some things. Other things got a bit ridiculous. One of those things I feel the strongest about is that everyone apart from three, are homosexual, and not only generally but they've decided that they can all couple up. I mean... I admit, a second reason to read your story was in terms for the romantics and drama. But I must say that things seem to gone extremely smoothly for everyone, and though I can understand the physical need for someone who's been sexual active before or for a couple to reunite, or even a new couple try their own boundaries. I still must say that things went by far a bit overboard. Everyone is in love most people are all friendly and things seem a bit too dandy at the moment.

Leaving that behind what I did love was your imagination for the names, species and personalities. I admire that you managed to keep them apart form one and another and that they all have their own character in term of looks and personality. I'm impressed to say the least. Though I might not be a fan of all of them I still think you've made a good choice when deciding who to bring on this voyage. Chelsea, Lenneth, Carly and Fole or "the Follower" are proably my favourites. Mainly perhaps because the main issue I have with this story has mainly not concerned them. Sure that Carly and Chelsea has expressed the need for having an intimate moment with a man, but as I said it's been mentioned. With most other characters it's been about a lot of cuddling, kissing and sex. Frankly it bores me a bit when it becomes to much. Fole interests me because she's odd and acts a bit odd, and I still want to know her full name. Carly is just the kind of person I seem to be drawn to. She cracks me up. Lenneth is odd, a bit like Fole I like the odd and collected characters. They appear more mysterious that way. Chelsea is my favourite of all of them. She is free spirited with a dark past. I must say that the way her betrayal was handled disappointed me a bit. A bit too easy I suppose you can say. I'd say that she would bee sentenced with a far stronger punishment than ripped of her rank for such a betrayal. I kind of think it fits her. She seem so free and so that you wouldn't expect the groups "child" capable of doing something like that, that she a bit like Clarissa or Claes doesn't appear to have a real reason to be there is another reason I found her fit for the role of the one to betray the crew. I'd hope for a bit more focus on that part than it was.

Over all I've noticed the way you try to make each chapter seem like an episode and in a way you manage pretty well I must say. While there is a chronicle order you wouldn't die if you missed out on one chapter and could fairly easily move on. I like it in a way that I haven't seen that before. You simply avoid using cliffhangers though I might like them.

*Reading the last few chapters*

Alright, so we never got to know Fole's real name, the fact she died surprised me yet it did not. I think it was a bit sad the way the one they knew the least and was at many times most depended on had to die. A bit depressing how Wendy didn't seem to recover from things. I admire how she kept in contact with our beloved Chelsea, and so on. I Rather like that.

Over all it was an interesting journey to take. I like some parts of the story better than other, but isn't that usually the case. I did also find that over all I did like your writing style and how you decided to express things and so on. I think as an author you have great potential for further work and should keep it going.

I realise I've been talking for waaaaaay tooooo long. But it can't be helped when trying to summarise a whole story in one review. It just get massive by nature. I will let you go now, and wish you the best luck.

Toodles!

/WarLord
Nekko Rikku chapter 8 . 4/24/2009
Aww what a lovely chapter!
Nekko Rikku chapter 7 . 4/24/2009
I really liked this chapter. I like Fole a lot too.
Nekko Rikku chapter 6 . 4/24/2009
Another great chapter! Love these girls!
Nekko Rikku chapter 5 . 4/24/2009
Yay! I love you! I knew you wouldn't kill her!
Nekko Rikku chapter 4 . 4/24/2009
OMG is Chelsea okay? I hope none of your characters die! Another really great chapter. Had me totally hooked.
Nekko Rikku chapter 3 . 4/24/2009
Another great chapter! I am impressed with the creative skills it must took to come up with this.
Nekko Rikku chapter 2 . 4/24/2009
Oh my, Windy gets crushes easily. I really enjoyed this chapter! I can't wait to read more!
Nekko Rikku chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Wow this is an amazing start for this story! I was hooked from the very start. I love this type of story. Exploring new worlds and all that. The characters are very interesting. I can't wait to learn more about them.
Slightly Ajar chapter 9 . 4/4/2009
I'm glad I kept reading. I like this. Some things are bit odd, such as the informality between the comrades. I know Navy people to be a little more curt, especially on missions. And it's sometime difficult to get the sense of who 'she' is, because there's so many of them and I think things would be easier to understand if you used their names more instead of "the younger women" or "the friend" or "she" references. But those are just little tiny things...

Oh, and did I read that right? Astor was running her hands through DULCE's hair? Me likes... :P
Slightly Ajar chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Oo, I like this. Your write very well, very comfortably. And no grammar mistakes! Bad grammar is a pet peeve of mine, so your writing is pretty high on my list of writing I like. So I'll keep reading! I'm curious what will happen!
A fan it seems chapter 26 . 12/16/2008
(May contain spoilers.. kinda?)

..Lordy!

I'm not sure whether i should be crying or not after reaching the end of this..!

If i do.. should it really be happy or sad tears? Mayhap bittersweet. I grown so fond of Fole too! I did like how Chelsea was there for her in the end..

And on a more general note how each and every gal was her own person with her own special traits n' history!

Alright.. i wont go listing all i liked as i'll be rabbiting, but a fabulous story! Thank you so much for all the effort you must have placed into it :)

I leave with emotions-a-swirl! Which is always a good sign for a story .
dragoon ragnarox2 chapter 26 . 11/22/2008
This is a great story it make a great book if published
The Hidden Abyss chapter 16 . 3/11/2007
Wow! I really love this story, it's fantastic! A nice adventure with lesbian romances...great combo :). I just wanted to say that I found this chapter to be very romantic and sweet above all the rest. I love the way you wrote it :D. I'm so glad they're finally together!