Reviews for Things Im not supposed to talk about
eldrin chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Reading this is like stepping into a memory that I didn't know I had - it's so real, so compelling, and powerful soft images just move this along, trailing hours and words and the sun. "his voice tasted like thick / tobacco from his stuccoed / tongue" is wonderful. Gorgeous work.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
my GOD this is evocative :

your poetry scares me sometimes in its complete... real - ness :P it's seriously just... so vivid. the imagery is amazing, and it's so CRYPTIC at the same time, drives me insane but it's Wonderful. :D
sensitiveangel chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
I really love the imagery in this poem you did a good job :-) sorry I haven't been around much but school has been really hectic lately. I put up a new poem; if you have time, come check it out
Turtle chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
This is really good. It really puts you there and you did a great job on describing things.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This has such specific imagery, it creates a movie reel rolling scene. I especially liked, "There was an old car across the road-with a swarm of hornets nested inside and I wanted-to go and investigate it; but my childhood was over", Great write.
verifyme chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
this is wonderfully done. and i love the ending. its powerful and it really makes the poem that much better.
amavian chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
wow, lots of mystery in this
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
I like the title and how you repeat it in the poem... very cool.. great piece
MySweetPrince chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I really liked that, That was really well and beautifully written. It gives such a clear image of your day out. Yeah I have many memories, you've given me inspiration to actually write about the memories and not to go on what an asshole they were and the feelings they left me with lol. But yes, I really like this piece.

Thanks for your review btw, sorry for the long reply I have not been writing for a while but I'm back writing some more. And I agree I've gotta improve my poem, tis a bit hard when you can't be bothered lol, so think I will leave that for now. keep it goin, you are ever so talented... x
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
This reminds me of the relationship I once had with an older man (albeit a non-smoker).

We tend to hold them in SUCH high-esteem...they feel like our fathers, but then to love them "apart" from that father/daughter feeling- yes, something we're not supposed to talk about.

But the description of the day was so lovely. I was enraptured with the circumstance, and wished for it to go on...but then you couldn't "say much more."

I was mesmerized and truly empathized (sp?) with your memory.

p.s. Thanks for dropping by my page and leaving your much treasured reviews.
these travels chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
powerful.i adore the layout.
Paramour-ing chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
its like through the relationship he is teaching you to become yourself. it feels father/daughter but also something more
Pairou chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I'm really honored that you reviewed something of mine, because you're so talented! Beautiful. :D
The Melancholy Cocoa Bean chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I love it - and i'm not even sure why. It sounds like a memory that you're supossed to forget but on wistful moments it floods back. wicked :D
Rovandin chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Interesting "reminiscing on days long gone" kind of poem. I didn't exactly get why it's taboo, but it took me about 3 months to figure out why this one song I listend to alot was about prison rape. Still, it was a cool poem. I like the flow of it, I've never quite encountered anything like it.