Reviews for Fool's Gold
kdamu chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
I really, really love your work, and this is my favorite piece. One thing about me is that I don't leave reviews unless the piece of writing is underrated. And this is seriously underrated. I love the tone and the POV. I think most people can at least somewhat relate to the speaker.

Awesome job here.

Really.
Lily Llynn chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
The writing's bloody fantastic, even if I am a bit confused (I blame that on my limited comprehension ability). It's bitter, but it's so, so good. :D *adds to c2*
Adhuc chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
I've come across your stories just today. I have to admit that I'm going down the line to read your one shots in particular. I have a fondness for a good oneshot story. They're all very well written of course, but I find myself with a bit of loathing growing up in it. You see, I can relate almost perfectly to each of these, despite the differences. Not as the woman, but as the dispassionate male. Odd, perhaps, but it's true. It's somewhat strange to read, if I were to ever care enough to date someone, what would inevitably be their words at the end of our affair. I am cold, but I have to hope there is enough sentimental woman in me to keep from ever truly being your depicted male. As for your writing... I hope you're reading my disquiet as a compliment to your ability to paint a picture. It is.
ess3sandra chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
sweet!
FormerlyKnownAsKatoka chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
This is great work. Starts out a little slow, and some of the exposition I found myself skimming, but once I got about halfway through, I couldn't miss a word. It was very interesting, and almost sad. This person seems to be so far away from the situation, and yet every emotion is so tangible.
Mary Phoenix chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Amazing. Your descriptions are so clear and detailed, and yet they flow! They never bore me! How do you do it?

You inspire me. Thank goodness to writers like you.
King Patch chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
This is a gem.

Your writing is comfortable and familiar to me, by virtue of a simple style and measured description of events and surroundings.

You hit close to home in analysing a relationship and all that is wrong with it. Very brilliant, and I am glad I found your author profile.
Stylo chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
First up, I was a tad surprised when I checked out that it was a story instead of a poem. But, as always with your work, it was a good sort of surprise.

I like this. Of course, it's a very dislikeable thing, because the emotions come through so very clearly. Kudos on that! And I mean that all as a compliment. )

Hm. It was something new, that for sure. It was a nice relief from all the romanceromanceromance on Fictionpress. ::gags::

Oh and the last line? Cubic zirconium? Nice one. )

Unrequited love. Boy, that must suck. Can't say I've felt that, or any other for that matter.

Poor girl in the story!

*Bambam*
Frore chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Very good! The way you write flows together so nicely, it isn't like reading a list, if you know what I mean. Most stories are so jagged, no similes or anything, whereareas this was quite metaphorical and entertaining. Please keep writing!
murky chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
I don't have much constructive criticism for you right now, but I enjoyed that. I'm in exactly the right mood for it. haha, not that I'm suffering from unrequited love at this moment, just... relationship annoyance perhaps (not even remotely romantic). So, just, yeah, enjoyed it (: