Reviews for Orbs of Panoply
the-narration chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
beautifully crafted, you can't get enough of this poem even when it's over...it just draws you in. exquisite. ]
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This attaches sensation to emotion so expertly. You drift so well between concepts and specifics, like you can connect abstract to concrete with a string that doesn't bend. Wonderful ability. I am enjoying your works so much today. A real intellectual lift. Thanks.
Honey and Tar chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
Powerful, emotive and purely amazing
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
I like the whole parenthesis thing... awesome job
amavian chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
(Heat tastes like...) who ever knew that heat had a taste? I guess, when you think about it, it really does.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
Your words in this poem are wonderfully sharp and jagged.
smile persephone chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
The flowing words create a vivid and powerful voice. It feels very alive and straight from the head. The diction and style add a pungent sexuality to the piece.

Honestly, I'm enthralled by this poem. It easily evokes the senses (and the Muses for that matter). Inspiring.
Paramour-ing chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
perfection
in theory chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Firstly, sorry for not reviewing this! I read it like, two days ago and my fingers were too damaged to type (I got my new djembe and it's totally my own fault for not being able to leave it alone)

Anyway.

I love the constant references to heat, how you twist totally its sensual input in our minds. It doesn't feel, it TASTES. It's sensual. (and that reminds me I'm gonna give your other poem another shot, the Norse one, this weekend when I'm done with practicing, I need to sit and think about that one for awhile. It's deep, and flavoursome [perfect, just takes longer to digest]).

Russet flavours...reminds me of tomato, tang and bite and brilliance.

And you use that word pale again, I'm beginning to see a pattern lol. It's a beautiful word. Somehow I see you as rouged, not artificially, and maybe a little pale (but nowhere near as much as English women !) It's strange, it kinda twists my vision of you. And the crumpling up like love letters is a strong image, something I can identify strongly with.

I get feelings of general wandering, it seems like you're reflecting over someone you know and there's a weird magnetic brilliance between you. It makes its way to the page/screen as violently philosophical, like you attack each other with your deepness. It's very bizarre, I can imagine someone with a close (romantic?) relationship with a profoundly depthy poet would have trouble avoiding philosophy as it is.

The punishment of wondering, lovely way to sum up the whole twisting of sensory expression. And soaking each other up like sponges is another great, almost muscular idea. I mean that like I can feel it moving on the page, can visualise you actually absorbing each other.

Great work, I'll try stay on top of your other stuff and the mountain that'll probably be up here next time I dare sign in.

truly,

j
bright horizon splash chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
'the punishment of wondering'- such a thunderous last line. I also love 'folding into walls like love letters'-great job. *
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
your metaphors and similes always blow me away... and ur vocabulary is just to die for.
Kavita Najim chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
It's always so hard for me to review your stuff! All of your poems take the words right out of my mouth! The repition is what got me here, it speeds the poem up and slows it down. Peace, Jessi
lavenderfoxdaisy chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
wow very sensous, like the first line extensively

The sky scratching orbs

of

panoply - the deep

russet of flavor (as it

twirls, like) jupiter

the imagery in this is absolutely surreal and the extensive metaphor very effective about the realtionship you arec expressing.

p.s. the brackets are a great idea, i get several whispers and shouts and voices from this.

a fantastic read
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
thought provoking. really made me think. i like the repetition of the heat tastes like. nice work.