Reviews for How To Write A Fight Scene
Sapphire chapter 10 . 4/15
OMG! Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this has helped me! I was in desperate need in some fighting/action tips since I'm weak in that category and this was perfect! I am so happy my friend recommended this! It has helped me so much in writing fight scene in my fan fiction! so thank you once again!

-Sapphire
StormFighter17 chapter 10 . 4/7
What about the main character fighting animals? Isn't that something entirely different?
ThemSoundWaves chapter 9 . 3/21
For some reason it won't let me log in. But I'm writing a scene for Transformers. And for my fight scene its one (Jazz) going crazy and battling a lot of Decepticons. There are people around him trying to help or whatnot, but I'm not to good with details.

Yes, details, all those juicy words inbetween other words, the descriptive words, big words. I guess you could say my vocabulary isn't quite 'spot on.'

Could you possibly PM me and help me out a bit? My FF name is ThemSoundWaves. Thanks!
Emerald Tsukino chapter 10 . 12/23/2013
I am starting to work on my story more. It basically opens up with a series of ten fights, each with a different skill. I have always been afraid of fight scenes but I know it is important to my story. I am glad you posted this.
Kalikedeshi chapter 2 . 11/19/2013
I'm not really sure if this is a good fight sequence, so please help me if it's good. It's a really short fight sequence, I'm not really sure if it's a fight or what but whatever.
"I took my ACR up, aimed at the robot's head, and pulled the trigger a few times until the thing was sparking all over and dropped dead."
Is it any good?
(p.s this is a crossover between COD and ME)
Guest chapter 2 . 8/28/2013
Thankyou sooo much, I was strugging wih a sword fight scene betwen an apprentice and her master and this helped me so much, I'd had writers block for ages :)
Kayla chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
I could not write a fighting scene for shit. Really! I'm 15 and this was something they just don't teach you in school. I want to be a writing when I grow up and I'd like to write an adventure story with lots and lots of fighting! I'm only on chapter two and I already have learned so much! Thanks for making this!
Trinh chapter 10 . 5/7/2013
Thanks so much for your word.
honeycat007 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
This is an awesome tutorial- I have read it at least three times over and am amazed at the qaulity of it. Thumbs up!
Ej chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
She unsheathed her sword, and swung at the spot she had last seen the man. To her annoyance he had already moved and had drawn out his own sword. Irene jumped at him with a series of cuts and slices. The smack of metal on metal rang through the ally. Her adversary was an expert and Irene prepared herself for the flow of the fight. Her hand was steadily feeling more and more like a weight.
Ava Jones chapter 10 . 2/2/2013
This is so helpful and useful. I always struggle with fight scenes. I'm glad I found this, and I'm even happier that you decided to write it for us.
Bane Stryfe chapter 10 . 11/15/2012
love your article here, really useful. Would love to see tips on more one-on-one techniques as well as some tips on Riser fights.
Bane Stryfe chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
Just a quick point from your review notes at the top, Cloud's sword from ffvii is only single edged blade, not double-edged. not every large blade is double-edge, often giving the bearer the option to use the flat side for non-lethal attacks.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/13/2012
Dear WyrdWolf

So, first of all, this is my second review. Thanks so much for this! You're very talented at explaining things and this really helped a lot. However, your fights depicted here seem very fictional and, as previously stated, I am currently working on a Smoke fanfiction; very realistic. I don't know if you know Smoke (the 1995 movie with Harvey Keitel, Forest Whitaker and Stockard Channing) but no matter if you have or haven't seen it, maybe you could help me out with this problem if it isn't too much trouble.

I'm not a girl for violence and hardly have any clue where to start. This has helped a lot, but how can I write a violent scene between in husband and a wife in which the drunken husband accuses her of still being in love with her ex (who is in the navy) and ends up taking out the wife's eye. Yeah, I know, not one for violence, huh? But this is actually what was described in the movie. I'm really stuck and if you could help me out a bit that'd be great. I'm not sure about the pace and stuff...

Anyway, I think this is a great tutorial for writers that can be easily followed and is super informative. Thanks heaps for this!

Greetings,
Blue-eyes
Blue-eyesThropp chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Hi! So, very quickly: I am an FFnet writer. Or rather, I plagiarize as a hobby and post it online, and I really love these sites. Their great for exactly this type of thing.

So far, I find your- what do I call it? Tutorial? Guidelines? Holy scripture for writers who struggle with fights? You name it- very interesting and helpful. I am currently working on a fanfiction for Smoke and have been stuck on this major fight scene forever, and this really helped me out. You must be one heck of a good writer, or at least you really understand the workings of the English language and can bring them over very well.

Thanks much for this. Will be using this gold nugget from now on. You're great :-)
Regards