Reviews for How To Write A Fight Scene
Kayla chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
I could not write a fighting scene for shit. Really! I'm 15 and this was something they just don't teach you in school. I want to be a writing when I grow up and I'd like to write an adventure story with lots and lots of fighting! I'm only on chapter two and I already have learned so much! Thanks for making this!
Trinh chapter 10 . 5/7/2013
Thanks so much for your word.
honeycat007 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
This is an awesome tutorial- I have read it at least three times over and am amazed at the qaulity of it. Thumbs up!
Ej chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
She unsheathed her sword, and swung at the spot she had last seen the man. To her annoyance he had already moved and had drawn out his own sword. Irene jumped at him with a series of cuts and slices. The smack of metal on metal rang through the ally. Her adversary was an expert and Irene prepared herself for the flow of the fight. Her hand was steadily feeling more and more like a weight.
Ava Jones chapter 10 . 2/2/2013
This is so helpful and useful. I always struggle with fight scenes. I'm glad I found this, and I'm even happier that you decided to write it for us.
Bane Stryfe chapter 10 . 11/15/2012
love your article here, really useful. Would love to see tips on more one-on-one techniques as well as some tips on Riser fights.
Bane Stryfe chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
Just a quick point from your review notes at the top, Cloud's sword from ffvii is only single edged blade, not double-edged. not every large blade is double-edge, often giving the bearer the option to use the flat side for non-lethal attacks.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/13/2012
Dear WyrdWolf

So, first of all, this is my second review. Thanks so much for this! You're very talented at explaining things and this really helped a lot. However, your fights depicted here seem very fictional and, as previously stated, I am currently working on a Smoke fanfiction; very realistic. I don't know if you know Smoke (the 1995 movie with Harvey Keitel, Forest Whitaker and Stockard Channing) but no matter if you have or haven't seen it, maybe you could help me out with this problem if it isn't too much trouble.

I'm not a girl for violence and hardly have any clue where to start. This has helped a lot, but how can I write a violent scene between in husband and a wife in which the drunken husband accuses her of still being in love with her ex (who is in the navy) and ends up taking out the wife's eye. Yeah, I know, not one for violence, huh? But this is actually what was described in the movie. I'm really stuck and if you could help me out a bit that'd be great. I'm not sure about the pace and stuff...

Anyway, I think this is a great tutorial for writers that can be easily followed and is super informative. Thanks heaps for this!

Greetings,
Blue-eyes
Blue-eyesThropp chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Hi! So, very quickly: I am an FFnet writer. Or rather, I plagiarize as a hobby and post it online, and I really love these sites. Their great for exactly this type of thing.

So far, I find your- what do I call it? Tutorial? Guidelines? Holy scripture for writers who struggle with fights? You name it- very interesting and helpful. I am currently working on a fanfiction for Smoke and have been stuck on this major fight scene forever, and this really helped me out. You must be one heck of a good writer, or at least you really understand the workings of the English language and can bring them over very well.

Thanks much for this. Will be using this gold nugget from now on. You're great :-)
Regards
Blue-eyesThropp
chronodekar chapter 10 . 11/10/2012
This "story" looks really handy!

I'm writing a fight scene in my fanfiction and one of my betas told me that it needed work. Frankly, it isn't easy. Sure, I could write Something, but that isn't what people want to read.

My experience with "fight" scenes are minimal. I can't even read them properly. But I'm trying to improve myself by reading all I can find about them. Which is how I came here.

Thanks for posting all this,
chronodekar
Soluzek chapter 10 . 10/15/2012
Amazing tutorial here. I found it refreshingly clear, funny, & loved all the examples!
The Defender chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
this is really helpful
kate asian21 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This is really helpful for writing fight scenes! (and I write a lot of them!) You should keep writing tutorials!
Pzychotic chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Thank you...helped me a lot :)
162 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »