Reviews for How To Write A Fight Scene
CalliScribbles chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
Jumping in, a part of flow or progression can be having a clear idea of where the characters are fighting and how much grond they cover. I recently read a fight scene that gave the impression that the combatants were in the middle of a large front yard, but when the antagonist was tackled, he managed to hit a set of stairs which the text had never given any previous indication of (and which, if you logically thought about where people had been coming from, shouldn't have been there at all) on the way down.

You've probably already done that though. I'm adding this to my advice pile. :)
How2BeAnonymous chapter 10 . 4/24/2012
Please make more 'how to's (alright that sounds very cliche and all with my pen name but... whateves)

You really know how to captivate the audiences attention and you explain thing really well! keep it up!
Watchdude67 chapter 10 . 2/11/2012
Thank you so much for this. I'm planning on writing a DOA/Naruto X-over on , and if the fight scenes aren't good then the story would be crippled since DOA is a FIGHTING game.
Julien Louvel chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Thank you WyrWolf. The information in this chapter was very useful. I was having some problems with this fight scene, and some of the things i was saying sounded a bit questionable, but your review cleared up a lot, and it also enlightened me to the fact that i wasn't really messing up, it was just the fact that i didn't trust myself. Also, if you can, i was wondering if you could do a review on love scene. Thank you
MeMow122 chapter 5 . 1/30/2012
Hey that example was really too good. Can I use it in the story I

m writing? I'll give you all the credit (:
PeppermintGirl chapter 7 . 1/27/2012
I just joined this, so I have to wait two days before I can write a story. So, this is definetly gonna help.
Aika.Hoshi chapter 10 . 11/23/2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. _ This was definitely helpful when I was trying to write my first fight scene.
Faded silver chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Hi

I just wanted to mention that people should be careful how they use the synonyms for gun. There are many types of guns and using the wrong synonym brings contradicting images to mind. None of your synonyms for gun clash but you can't use revolver for handgun if the gun is of a more modern make and any old pistols before the civil war era were flintlocks rather than revolvers. You could use any variations of the guns name or nickname as well as it's make. I thank you for the very helpful advice in the rest of your essay though. I have trouble writing fight scenes so I hope reading this will help me improve. Thank you.

Silver
Natsew Heartnet chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
Thanks a lot for these updates i found them quite helpful. but i too have a few questions about writing a fight scene. could you please include a chapter in which you give a description of street fight scenes and a list of the attacks like roundhouse kick, i dont know anymore. and some tips would be useful as well. i hope i dont disturb you.

i remain

your faithful reader

Natsew heartnet
Natsew chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Thanks that really was helpful!
Allison chapter 10 . 5/18/2011
okay, the crackdown. can you do a chapter on when there's less bad guys than the heroes, but the heroes are not very experienced and/or worn out so they're getting their butts kicked? that'd be really appreciated...don't have to do it, just a suggestion on another chapter...noticed you haven't updated for a looong time tho...
Kricket14 chapter 10 . 5/16/2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! It helps me tremendously, I have been having troubles writting a good fighting scene, and this has made everthing clear! Thanks again.
Kyre Crow chapter 10 . 5/14/2011
This sounds like SO. MUCH. FUN. I wish I had a story to do this in... might have to write one just for the sake of doing this. This, unlike chapter nine, was very clear, I understood it perfectly. But I think you'd also have needed to do a lot of character development for the readers for feel for the main character in the battle, rather than relying on the big bad being a complete jerk. Just wanted to say that. I think I am going to love writing fights... *sighs* Anyway, congratulations with this.
Kyre Crow chapter 9 . 5/14/2011
Unlike the other chapters,the explanations were sort of hard to concentrate on. However, you do make it all clear in the break down at the bottom. Still, it was helpful, and yes, I'm going to need this info for my story, too. I'm really glad I found this. Now my fingers are mush from typing. I think you could clarify a bit, but otherwise it was good.
Kyre Crow chapter 8 . 5/14/2011
I need to work on these. I tried to write a swarm battle last night, and gosh, did I fail. Whatever. It was nice of you to break them all down into little thoughts that can help with our writing of it. Too tired to give much of a review -.- Uh, yeah... this is going to help a lot.
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »