Reviews for Reaching for Sunlight
ashes and rose petals chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Oh my... I love this so much. It's so beautiful. THANK YOU! I am new to this site and already I am in love with it. I am in love with your writing. It's beautiful.i don't know what else to say.
sciwriter13 chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
you've got a gift, treasure it, use it, share it. this is a great poem. thanks for the review a while back, and invite you back to my profile whenever you've got time :)
xoxoMizzatxoxo chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
I love the ending.
Chiclets chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
You know, I'd review a whole lot more if I could think of something to SAY...it's hard, sorry, but...well, it's like I can't think of any words to describe what I'm thinking...so on with the cliche "This is awesome, just like your other works." Heh.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
All I can say at the moment is "WOW"!

Another great one from you!

ALL SMILES :)

XoXo
iamthe-loris chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
i do not often read poetry, as it is hard to actually find good poems out in the fictionpress world. but i'm glad i read yours. this was beautiful, plain and simple. i love your style, and, as a writer, i can completely relate. wonderful work.

honorata
Boots of Press chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Yay! If you could hear where I am I'd be clapping. So beautiful again. Beautiful. I feel I can't really tell you what exactly made me think like that it just was.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
*loves loves loves loves loves*

Ah, Matt's poetry! _ Excellent use of imagery. The whole blood-is-ink image has been used so many times (yes, even by your truly) but you've given it an original flair here. My favorite parts would have to be the stanza beginning with "there is rhyme to my reason" and "so I might be able to spill out happiness one day." I really really liked the title as well.

Excellent work Matt, keep it up! x
method acting chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I like the general idea, the general presective. I don't think i like the formatting. No, I'm not sure about that. I do like the writing, it is well done. And the ending is nice as well. Wraps it up very neatly. I dig the...uh, the last stanza. Without the last three lines (which I think should be put together into one stanza) The bit that starts with fingerpainting. I like that. Great imagery there. You write with ease, and it's obvious. Lovely job.
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Wow...just...wow. Love it darling.
in theory chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I like the lines given to whole words, it amplifies and directs your thoughts to it. "desperately".. a demanding, interesting place to be as a poet, and then a person. Excellent work, the message was really focused.