Reviews for Higher Standards
in theory chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Hmm. The narration of this confused me a little sis. not sure who you're actually talking about. It's very involving though, and the loose rhyme works much better than your usual tightness, it's easier to read if you aren't anticipating what's coming.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Interesting - your pain over this situation is the main focus of this piece, but you also have the mentality to realize that the actions of this other person are beneath you. Like whatever it is that they did, and no matter how much pain you feel you won’t go the same route that they did. I like that conviction, to have strength of heart when your in pain - it’s a rare feature. Great storytelling and narration. Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.
Casandre chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I really like this and the voice of the narrator is something that parallels in everyone's experience. I especially like "I want your life, his life, her life. Any. Just not mine." The first verse really flows. In the second verse "her love took me higher" is a bit cliche and it seems that you might just be searching for a rhyme, without adding to the story. But all in all, AMAZING! Well done on the rhyming and meter... Casandr x