Reviews for Visions of Pearls
Lady Fingers chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
this is amazing

i wish i had more to say

but lately i am at a loss for words
the.pink.life chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I don't know how you do it, but you make everything so ethereal, like it doesn't really exist, but just is real in our minds. If that makes any sense. Beautiful work. What a great scene. Keep writing! :)
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
the type of feeling that you

hibernate in

you are somewhat of a legend. your imagery is gorgeous and you have a way of putting things that no one delse would ever think of but that everyone can relate to. wonderful, beautiful.
Thyrt chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
your diction is amazingand so is your imagerybravo
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Striking piece-love the varigated themes and how they combine to create perfection!
noodlegirl 28 chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
wow! amazing! i like the way you write!
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
I like the sense of being unfamiliar in ones own form I get from this. Like outside of yourself looking in and questioning ones own individuality. Well developed scene and work.
in theory chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
It's weird reading the word celibate after just dipping my toes back into this site (after a period of celibacy which you can blame on my new someonespecial, all that jazz..)

Drawing on what you've already told me about understanding my poems about being chased by words and that kinda thing, I can't imagine you'd ever actually be cut off from a poetic view. I mean these past three or so weeks have been strange, not writing down things; it's given me much more time to think about it all, and edit more thoroughly. But I really don't see you as being able to cut off; it's like poetry is in control, you just siphon it. (my thoughts at the moment anyway, I just revised it mentally and discovered I really believe you probably could force it to stop if you really tried but it wouldn't be easy or pleasant..)

"Naked tree branches growing from her breasts and mind.." is bizarre, I can seeit clearly but also it's VERY metaphorical for me. Like your influential voice is the branches, or something.

And I've been that old man looking for something unnoticeable to focus on. Almost everything I look at tends to warp itself into an idea, of a new slant. (it's distracting and irritating, but I'm weirdly grateful)

Giving loneliness a shape is something only a flexible poet such as yourself could mould into a piece so fluently, awesome job with that.

Keep it up!

truly,jack
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
[I have become as celibate as a god] You, celibate? No way! In all seriousness, though, it does seem like most of your poetry lately has been a lot less sexual than it used to be.

[a newly christened woman with naked / tree branches growing from her breasts / and mind.] Wow.

[I walked to my car a few hours ago, the low hum / of hard-soled shoes clicking when I heard / an: “Excuse me” from behind] That would actually seem pretty scary. I don't know when this takes place, but I keep seeing night time as I read it. And pretty much every girl I know is afraid to be alone at night. My friend who works at the YMCA, she'll always get some guy at work to walk her to her car if it's dark outside, afraid somebody's going to be waiting to kidnap her or something.

[so tall that he could have been a giant / but younger (I could tell by the eyes) stood before me] I don't really care for these lines for some reason; they seem slightly weak.

[I watched an old man sit at a table alone / chewing slowly from a plate of bacon and eggs / watching the windows - and chewing - / and looking around for something / unnoticeable to focus on, / the lines of his face etched like candlesticks.] I really like this part; very well described.

[and now where to go,] "Now where?" That may be a mistake, but I don't think it is. I'm going to pretend it isn't, actually. Instead of "nowhere" to go, it's "now where?" It has a whole different meaning. And I like your play on words there.

[until a pearl forms / somewhere between my bellybutton and heart - / something / to wrap / my fingers around.] This is a quiet ending; I was expecting there to be more but there wasn't. I don't think I quite get the symbolism of the pearl, but I'm retarded anyway. I can't help but think of a phallus with the need to wrap your fingers around something.

I like this poem a lot; it isn't one of my favorites of yours, but it's still very good, of course. The beginning lines are especially erotic, even with celibacy. Great imagery throughout, as always with your poetry. You really have a way of conjuring up images that burn into my brain.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I really love the descriptions of hte young man and the old man.. its really cool how you put them right after eachother.. awesome piece
Shara G chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Awesome poem! I love the imagery.
Sunset Teardrops chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Beautiful flow of words. I like the thoughts you conveyed.
L.M.Crow chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Beautiful!

This was AWESOME! I remember what it was like to be single, and I didnt think it was that freeing, but looking back it truly was!

[and to answer your question it isnt true, but the connections and feelings remained the same.]
emeraude-irlandais chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
This is seriously amazing, and that doesn't do it justice. Let me try again: that was one of the most stunning, wonderful, precise poems I have ever read. Better. I was in a relationship right now, and I wanted out so badly, I finally ended it. This is a perfect description of how I feel right now, especially the beginning. I am a huge *fan* of your work, though I don't think I've reviewed it before. This is the first piece in a long time (not just yours, anyone's) that has truly spoken to me. This is incredibly beautiful, and you are supremely gifted. Keep writing, for my sake. - bella
Jezsh chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I've never read anything quite like this before and that's what I like most about it. In places it doesn't flow as well perhaps as some of your others, but the imagery and wording is gorgeous. Like this: 'I came home todayto a wall of photographs (fallen)a river of cheap black framesfloating atop my mattressas though to escape the waterfall of walls.'Sounds exquisite. It's that which is so interesting. The words and images and thoughts are unusual but at the same time logical, beautiful and powerful.

Hope everything's good.