Reviews for World of Ice
IcePrincess013 chapter 8 . 10/1/2009
WOW! This is a really cool story! Very well written too. I can't wait to see the showdown between Maddy and Rick. Please update soon!
Austin Queen chapter 8 . 5/17/2008
Hey this story is really awesome!

Keep writing okay!

And yeah according to little pink dinosaur, there is really a lot of difference between the real ice skating and the one in your story. But since its a fiction i think there is no harm going your direction since its supposed to be your story right?

But i think little pink Dinosaur did helped to make things a bit clearer about ice skating. Perhaps that could help you in the upcoming chapters? But still i hope you write the novel in your way cause up till now its really captivating(: And i think i like it to be a little bit more diverse (meaning the bball part) yeah it could be a distraction from the main story but i think you have not lost focus cause to me this is just a mild diversion to attract the attention of readers.

I do anticipate more on the ice moves!

love the story(:
little purple dinosaur chapter 2 . 5/9/2008
Alright, I know I promised that I would read this, but I lied. :( School has been hell for the past two days and I have a major track meet tomorrow (so I wanna sleep early), but I will definitely try to do the best that I can do help you. :)

First of all, I'm a little bit unclear about the part where you mention teams. In the States, ice skating is a generally individual sport, so you will rarely see any form of team skating (unless it's synchronized skating, which is another story). Serious ice dancers will have partners, but there is really no auditioning for teams. Heh, sorry.

The national team is a different story. In order to get THAT far, one has to escalate through different levels of skating (Novice, Junior, Senior). A lot of dancers change partners frequently, so I guess you could work that into the storyline. In order to reach the level you're claiming Maddy is at ("the best skating team in the country," which is in fact, nonexistent - unless you're talking about the national team, but even then there are no team training sessions), a skater is practically obsessive. They'd most likely be homeschooled, and going to school full-time is absolutely impossible.

Alright, back to the topic of how skating is a very individualized sport. Lessons are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E, and it is up to the skater and the family of a skater to pay for them. Once a skater reaches Maddy's level, skating is their life and their family's life as well. If she has a sibling, that sibling is very unfortunate because he or she is almost always put second. Mothers of such high-level skaters will practically never work, as they spend most of their day chauffeuring around their kid. As a result, skating moms are often insane. Yes, insane. I have a friend whose mom pushes her to the breaking point - skating is, literally, her life. And she's not even close to Maddy's level yet - it seems like Maddy might be going to Junior Nationals instead of an internationally televised event, which would be the senior-level nationals.

Yup, so high-level skaters are in top physical condition. They are pretty much always at the top of their P.E. class, fitness-wise. Training often consists of perhaps two hours of off-ice training every day and at least four hours on ice. I have friends who wake up at 4 AM to go to the rink and skate before school and then go back to the rink at 5PM and skate for another two or three hours. But then again, they are not anywhere near their senior level.

I also skimmed over the Skates and Baskets chapter and I STRONGLY encourage you to bring the focus back to skating. Remember, the story should be focused on skating, not basketball. Maddy simply would not have the time to help her brother out. And one of my friends I mentioned previously? She is absolutely brilliant at running, and she would be the star runner of the track team (which I'm on). Too bad she can't join because there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

Gah, sorry for all the grammatical errors/unorganized crap floating around in there. And I apologize if I sound cranky/snippy; I got four hours of sleep last night and I am not happy.

Hope that helped!

- Nae.
Laura J chapter 8 . 5/5/2008
that was an awesome chapter! pls keep writing cos i love this story!
little purple dinosaur chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
Well, I've only read the first chapter of this story so far, but I just wanted to say: THANK YOU for posting a story about ice skating - let alone ice dancing (most people do jumps)! I myself am an ice dancer. I'm currently on my Silver dances (I'll explain more about it later). I will definitely read the rest when I have more time. If you have any questions about ice dancing, I'd be happy to answer them.

Sorry this is such a short, pointless review, but it's getting really late and I'm ready to fall asleep.

- Nae
the.mad.hatter's.accomplice chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
I love it. please continue!
LostInMidnightsShadows chapter 7 . 4/11/2008
omg i love this story! it is awesome! cant wait for the next chapter! keep up the good writing!
misery sister chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
It was okay. Just a reminder, space out your paragraphs a bit more because they're intimidating to read as a new reader.
eclipse-of-the-suns chapter 6 . 4/2/2008
hey hey person

good story

update soon please

cool

over and out

p.s. keep smiling! it's good for you :)
Kohlomere chapter 6 . 3/28/2008
Cute! Please oh please update!

Great job,

E.
claireponcherrii chapter 6 . 3/28/2008
OMG! SO CUTE!
misery sister chapter 6 . 3/28/2008
Good story so far! Keep it up! :D

Just remember to space out your paragraphs so you don't have big blocks of text.
wintersonata chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Cant wait for whats going to happen! do continue writing..its great!
MelGrl chapter 5 . 7/22/2007
This is such an amusing, cute story. Your writing is really good. Please update soon!
liquid-dreams-139 chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
hey! good story u got going here. i like the way you write! so not like a first timer, seriously! ill check out the other chapters soon but right now i kinda have to go so... keep updating tho!