Reviews for Screaming But Silent
WannaBWriter chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
i am in a total loss of words. the vocabualry you chose painted the most vivid of pictures. this is an absolutely stunning piece! i loved the form that wrote in, with the four line stanza with the single word at the end. that form truely fit the poem. but i do agree that the title does not fit very well, yet the only thing i can think of is "I Couldn't Help It". i only say that because thats what i felt as i read the final words of the poem "I love you". the whole poem made me feel like you were trying to fight off the feeling of love because it was no longer being returned to you but no matter how hard you tried you just could stop your heart. i'm not sure how much sense that made but those are my thoughts. this is absolutely brilliant and it is going on my favorites!
Trip chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Um...nice poem really dark and not sure what to make of it. It seems really close to silent screams though and that kinda worries me.
betalight chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I like the title for the poem, but I agree that it doesn't necessarily fit with the actual material. Maybe a better one would be like, "By Night" or "Loving Hate." Maybe "Sweet Curse?" It sounds like you're going for a depiction of a love-hate, or an ended relationship here...although the narrator seems to be participating in the hate, or perhaps causing the other's hate, since he/she is keeping love a secret, though the other's love is apparent as manifested by hate, which causes the denial of love and ends in death? Hm...I like the interesting contradictions here. One thing: "toxic touch of healing that burns forever" - I took this as sort of touch which is made from love but ends up burning later after the love has ended, but burning in a sort of bittersweet way? It sounds almost like something out of Joss Whedon. Cool! A love note sealed into stone by death.