Reviews for suicide is natural selection
softersin chapter 2 . 7/17/2008
so sad and so angsty!

I love it.

My favorite line was the last:

"its no great surprise

that generations down the line

aren't ever going to have my eyes."

Good job! Keep it up.

[s-s-softersin]
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
I'll admit that I wasn't overly awed by this the first time I read it through, but then I read it out loud and the flow was just awesome. I mean, I could see how the lines fit together and how everything was meant to be there. That's nice. I think some of the ideas might be a little cliche or abstract, but the flow of this made it a good piece. Keep writing! :)
are you from mejico chapter 2 . 7/5/2006
natrual selection is a scary thing out of context and is the basis for social darwinism. Go for flying spaghetti monsterism. This be oozing angst.
diffident chapter 2 . 7/2/2006
Excellent ending; sarcastic, cynical, and definitely an understatement. It really highlighted the voice of the poem. Great job, m'lass.
diffident chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Intense. It really built up, and in my mind the tempo increased, only for an anticlimactic ending, but that seemed to suit this poem.

marie
Gilee7 chapter 2 . 6/24/2006
Aww. This poem is so freaking sad it's almost pitiful. The last line of this had a sad-little-puppy-dog effect on me. I seriously went "aww, poor thing."

[well im stuck in the mind ive always had / in a life I don't deserve.] Great line(s). Very powerful.

Stanza 2 is perfect. As is stanza 3. As is stanza 4. Heck, the whole poem is perfect. I'm not sure which stanza is my favorite. Possibly stanza 2.

I really like the parenthesis part in stanza 3. Very effective.

The last stanza is one of the saddest things I've ever read. It's incredibly emotional; it tugged at my heart.

Excellent poem. Much better than the first one. It's powerful, emotional, and even thought-provoking. Great job. You're extremely talented.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This poem is a bit more abstract than your others I've read tonight. Though abstract isn't really a good word to use, because this poem is still blunt and honest and doesn't tiptoe around anything. I really like the costume part in the first stanza, as well as the whole second stanza. What really stood out in this poem was the excellent rhythm; that's something I haven't really noticed in the others.
sundaynightsky chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
LOVE this. can relate. v v good. great concept. byootiful.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Quite thought-provoking... I'm envious of how you were able to make something like a "theory" so poetic. - ADD-san
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Hmm. I actually think your theory has something going for it, though I wish I could disagree. It might jsut be I like the poem.

No. If suicide was natural selection, why do all the artists die? or perhaps we have a god who hates the artsy...

Yes. I agree with it.

God I'm disjointed. I quite like this. its made me think.
a lonely september chapter 2 . 4/26/2006
i didnt review this? woah. im pretty sure i read it before. this is awesome. love 'only the strongest ( the prettiest)the fastest ( the thinnest)' awesome job with this.
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 4/23/2006
less abstract than most of your poems.. I like it a lot though.. its interesting concept and it definately made me think
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
i like that ending... I liek the costume thing too
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
That is so sad. I love the costume metaphor. Great piece.
poetic abortion chapter 2 . 4/20/2006
both of them just chill you and leave you breathless, wanting and waiting to breath but you are chocked by tears. love it.

~* noelle