Reviews for Humanity
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Interesting. Very dark and very nicely written. I'm not sure I agree precisely with the sentiments (im an optimist lol) although to be fair the more I think about it, the more depressingly correct you are.

Lovely ending. Nicely ironic. And the idea comes across nice and clear. D
Cyres and Ty chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Succinctly synopsizing the dark and sordid aspect of humanity and turning it against us- that’s quite the creative and insightful piece. I liked it.

Cy
Burnt Bread chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
Ha! Now that alerts are up and I have a bit of time on the internet left over, don't think you'll escape my reviews.

Short and easy to read. Excuse me for reviewing both chapters together.

This piece gives off a vague sci-fi/fantasy (I know they're just thoughts, but this is the stuff all good sci fi comes from - these types of questions) feeling that I like very much. You start off with the subject of Humanity which lends a kind of soft, intellectual appeal. I like these types of written pieces that present philosopical ideas.

I've noticed a pattern in your writing - curiosity. And I mean it more in the sense that you are a very curious person. The answers from questions you ask in you own life show through in the way your story includes the smallest details. All stories are like puzzles - sometimes the puzzle has 10 pieces, other times, it has 10. Yours is the one with 10 (perhaps more). When you create a world, you do not start from pitting good and evil against eachother, you pull at smaller stories that spin together to make a bigger picture. Like that Godzilla movie.

The way you dress your thoughts is very appealing, like parables but not so "in your face". The message is very much a open one worthy of further thought.

And now I RELY need sleep, but I will be back... I WILL be back... ::snore::

Br... br... br...
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 2 . 1/3/2007
Wow, that was really random. But cool. Wondering what Hubris means. You have quite a gift for condensing powerful lessons into a few short paragraphs. I tip my hat to you.

Bleh. I hate my review for chapter one. I want to change it now.

Pencilly Friend
Solemn Coyote chapter 2 . 1/1/2007
Very zen. I guess with stories this short, that's the kind of effect you achieve. There's not much room for plot or character developement, so the focus here is on the concept/moral. I kinda like the idea of making a collection of these little lessons.
planetnoodle chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
oh my

oh my lordy lord

this is my kind of story, and you have no idea how much I mean what I say.
Sakka-Fenikkusu chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Usually, a story this short does not compell me. It is small only because the author was too lazy to describe more. The story does not grab me one bit. It ESPECIALLY does not make me think. . . But, not in this case. What an interesting little piece. I'm trying to find something to critique about it, but I just can't think of anything. Good work. I think I'll faves it. -Sakka-Fenikkusu
Tikvah Ariel chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I like it, and the unique concept that you give is excellent. However, the last line seems a little pseudo-profound and the stark words need some filling in.

Still, nice for a short peice, if you expanded it I think it would be better because then it would bring more feeling and depth.
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
There's an art to the abbreviated short story. It has to be just long enough to evoke a concept (and, if you're good, an emotion). You've managed that here.
Princess Viola chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
I loved it! You are amazing
Faylin chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
This story, however short, tells of a much larger picture. And how true it is. I love this, your writing style is quite unique and easy to follow. Keep up the good work!