Reviews for The promise of Never, Never Continuation
AK chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
Your work is so beautiful that it makes me cry
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
This was...so good. Really. It was perfect. I can see you so much in this, insecure and unsure, scared and afraid to be alone. "A union spreading lifeless offspring and closed eyes." It was so beautiful and pretty but fierce. Amazing writing. I love this, so much.
Tyndall Blue chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
i think breaking it into stanzas would've helped it flow better...right now it's a bit like an out of control waterfall...a neat tidbit is that when you scroll down the page quickl the poem takes the shape of an elaborate vase...as usual the imagery was scrumptious
x-the wretched chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
You have such a beautiful way with words. The way it's formatted and the words used make this a piece that I can almost hear the emotion in as I read. Great work.
James Ingraham-Venne chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
Thanks for falling in with "The raised hand with liberty's brand." It's a 'promise' of ever, ever 'continuation' with the evolution of humanity and its conquest of planet earth.I loved how you used the mirror to focus your found, than lost. Yes, a girl or a man "can be more naked without someone else" than without clothes, a beautiful comparison and play on images that reflect the interior life, that existential struggle to harvest meaning from empty shadows. Your bio brings back wonderful memories of living on Lake Union way back in the 60s, my walks to the university, afternoons spent under the trees next to the practice rooms where self-absorbed musicians set music free to travel to me, a vagabound lost in the mind's wonderland. Oh well, that was then. My 'now' has been enriched by your poems. I'll keep in touch.
tia-blue chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
AH! your making me cry! but this was so fabby!
in theory chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
I read this yesterday and began reviewing but the PC crashed (and I submitted the huge review without being connected to the internet so it failed and I lost it all!)

Basically the jist of what I said was the dimple imagery really affected me quite closely, I've always been fascinated by them (and hated my own). They just seem so ineffectual, but can change a person's face so much.

And I think I said something about the way your recent poetry seems centered around regret, loss; it's almost nostalgia (and I don't know your circumstances even nearly enough to really speculate, but it comes across that way.) Especially the last dripping stanza, it screams loss.

I feel like I'm advancing into your own strange little poetic world every time I read your work, many poets disguise their emotions in their work but you seem to flaunt them. It's refreshing, again.

Keep up the great work (much of which I still have to catch up with!)

truly,

jack
account not in use chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
finality. fear. & a whirlwind of emotion.
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
I, too, love the line "a girl can be more naked without someone else than she will ever be without clothes."

But the rest of the poem that follows that line is what really sums things up for me. We find, usually much too late, that there is someone out there that can peer through our keyhole and find what we ourselves have not been able to see.

Your parenthetical phrase at the end "Through the transparency I desire all that I do not have," capturing the elusiveness of relationships. We are never truly happy with what we already have on our plate. We're never satiated- we always want more. And in the process of "serving" ourselves, almost gluttonously, we so oftentimes end up shoving aside the exact succor we so desire and need.

Flowing and overwhelming...as usual...
amavian chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
“a girl can be more naked/without someone else/then she ever will be without clothes.” So devastating those lines just mean so much to me.
lavenderfoxdaisy chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
inspirational. little slips of bliss.
SamHobbit chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I liked it. It seemed very real, not just something you heard someone else say and then just made a poem about but something real.
Carp chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
It feels like there's an intense rising and falling crescendo of whispers when you read this poem. A furious flurry of words and emotions, and while sometimes the details are elusive, the imagination fills in the gaps and a story is made inside the reader's mind. This is fabulous. Great work.
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
beautiful, as always. "a girl can be more naked without somebody else"... how true. gorgeous.
Jezsh chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
this is so sad...poignant, beautiful. 'a girl can be more nakedwithout someone elsethen she ever will be without clothes.' for me, these lines sum it up. The feeling of emptiness, and who knows what is lost? It's something that altogether cannot quite be captured with words, but can be understood untuitively. An objective emotion. You did a lovely job of conveying everything.