Reviews for The Mermaid
SuzannaR chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Good job of this haiku! I like the story it tells of the old myth of mermaids and ships sinking. I can picture her siting on a rock or something, singing sweetly as the ship sinks closeby. I like the idea of opposites here, she is calm and serene and they are frantically sinking. Nice.

I like too that you surprised us with the last line, the other two were all sweet and peaceful, and the last line certainly twists the whole image around. Good job

Suzanna from the review game Marathon, see link in profile.
shirabara chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
so sweetly they sing like the sirens of the odyssey. kida sad they sink ships with their songs.

nice job on this haiku. i really enjoyed it
tamarkaph2006 chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
This is really cool. I like it.
onyxdragonflyy chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Your hiku's are amazing! I have a hard time comming up with those. Yours though seem effortless. Truely amazing!
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Sounds like the mermaid's having a blast. A whole world, her own. You described it very ellegantly. Excellent work!
Dark Hammer Helm chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
I absolutely love poems about the sea. The folklore you portray is both mysterious and foreboding. I like the way you word it out. Good job.
Needa S chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
Mysterious. Awesome write. Thank you for all the kind reviews and for putting me on your fav's list. God Bless ya.
strawberry memories chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
oh, wow, so so magical! i loved the way you painted the words!

lovely words, keep up the great work!
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Oo chilling. It's like all lovely with the singing and then BOOM ships sink. I love it. It's a simple way of sumarizing the complexity of the myths behind mermaids.

ps- Thanks for all of your wonderful reviews.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Very audible. and mystical as well. Good haiku.