Reviews for Other Side
R 4 Revoltuion chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
My friend, I believe you should pick up your bible and join our revolution.
Hay chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
yes...i totally agree with you...we're not being killed off for having our own opinions and believing in what we want to believe...we can say what we want to say and we're not being contained in small areas or arrested for not dressing in a certain outfit. I love this poem...its soo true. i love ya too. ur my best
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
And for how these past years/Bush hasn’t been so bad/This country still exists - I’m honestly not bashing (please believe) but I think just because the country (still) exists shouldn’t be the one redeeming quality of a president.

I feel for you in this; I’m as liberal as it gets but I have a lot of respect for the other side, I often protest the current regime but never the people who follow it. I’m thinking back to all of the anit-bush protests that I’ve been to and I’ve never thought about the other side in that respect, this will certainly make me think differently about that.

To counter the “good” side of me, I’d question you as to what other president in your lifetimes threatened to take away your bible, or who stopped your own opinion before you had a chance to say it. I would counter that with president bush’s patriot act it’s actually a hell of a lot harder for anyone to speak their mind in this country.

I think it’s some kind of a myth that democrats/liberals hate the other side because I think it’s actually quite the opposite, deep down I think we all want to be united under one banner in this country. We’re all Americans even if some of us teeter on the left or the right. I think on some deeper level that’s what we’re all so pissed off about - not in all of my life have I ever seen the country so divided as it is now, and that scares me. We’ve had a devastating attack of our soil, we’re fighting a war that is not of our business and on the cusp of another one that we are no longer prepared to fight. Taxes are being raised, jobs have been lost, and schools are no better then they were during the Clinton administration. The poor are still poor, and the rich are still rich.

Like I said in the beginning I don’t think that just because we still exist is a viable argument in this situation - the issue is are we any better. Keep up the good work, and as always, I appreciate your opinion.

Much love,Juliet.
Around.about chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
An origional prespective I respect you for it; as a liberal though... I agree with you people are much to hard on Bush (no sarcasm at all). As a poem I think it could be developed more and has great potential.

Good Luck,

Sejse
Cloudsinthesky chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
I don't really think Bush is that bad, i don't really like politics nor understand a lot of things about them but at least he's not ignoring the situations. Good poem.