Reviews for West
citrus scented chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
why have I never come across your work before.

this is, quite honestly, a masterpiece. Dali is strong in my mind when reading this. Its just so dense and deep full of meaning and images...theres so much to it I could get lost in it. It just flows from one thing to another, its beautiful. really stunning. "but she’spulling left, pullingwest towards anondimensional peace that doesn’tprove anything." Oh. wow.
Spare Change chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Great poem! :) I think I grasped the meaning of the second verse, but I got lost in the heavy metaphors of the rest of the poem. I know there's a profoundness to all of this, but for me it's rather hard to understand.

Anyway, still cool.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
too pretty for words.

* Noelle
rachel chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
wow you always had a way with words what does this poem mean for you?
Jecai chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
As with most of your work, I've thought about this for awhile and I'm still not sure how much I get, versus how much I've invented.

Anyway, about getting stuck and crystallized, covering up the revolting and calling it pretty, getting exactly what you want. Someone at school was wearing a t-shirt:'if you don't remember, it didn't happen'

And maybe it didn't, but one can try to acclimate instead of forgetting. What if you refuse to learn because it's easier not to? To say everything will be okay when you know it won't? Dimensionless, thoughtless puerile denial? Go west, you're always chasing the sun and it never sets.

My first reaction to 'high' is as in 'high art'; there is graffiti like that, but I don't think about it much. Walls don't let you have a conversation easily, so something posted is like a declaration to the world at large.

Self and thoughts are what you have, and it seems sad, but maybe it's okay.
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
this poem is sad (i think), but i don't even really understand what it's about. i tried to look at it metophorically, but i just can't. do i suck?
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
i like this...its well written
run rabbit run chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
i really like your stuff. always have. good stuff yet again man. cheers... i need to get a bukowski book... huh...
hey maria chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
"let/stillness wonder at her and the/eyes that know the gravity of/situation and her own/initials sketched in sand"

I won't pretend to understand this, but I will say I find it uplifting.
Little Couch with little pillows chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
This was amazing. Though, I always have to read your poems like...five times before I can really understand what it means. But this was really good;

High graffiti’s beenlettered as obsolete

That was my favorite. It captured my attention the most. Weird.
My New Pen Name chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
Great! For some reason I really like "underneath everything there are down-feathered babies keeping time unconscious". . . *shrug* Beautiful.
Hax Rook chapter 1 . 4/24/2006
god, i love this. skepticism and disillusion sing over the whole thing, nicely disordered and linguistically clever. the poem that shuns structure is the freest for expression. impressed.