Reviews for Attention Spookykids: A Guide to Your Own Idiocy
Lady Sunlight chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Your present essay some very good arguments but is covered in swearing which makes you appear like the people you're arguing against. Another thing that would be a good thing to change the paragraphs that begin "One last thing..." because there are two and they are both not the last paragraphs and conclusion paragraphs shouldn't start like that anyways.

If you cleaned this up a bit and didn't brag about how smart you are you may be able to actually persude someone.
Under the Cloak chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
This is more of a rant in my opinion, but it was very entertaining.

Very nice
Perverse chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Drama anyone?
Etli chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I would agree with you on most of the things you stated. I personally can’t stand when people are false in who they are. I never really understood why others were ashamed of who they are inside. That they have to portray their outsides with a stereotype. It is also true that a lot of people suffer out there and there many more who believe they’re suffering. I have a prime example. I know a girl from high school who’s father was rich and spoiled her to death. But she always complained that she didn’t like him or if she didn’t get what she wanted it was unfair. She always came to school with her wrists cut up and she’d practically shove them in people’s faces. She dressed in nothing but Hot Topic products and dyed her hair different colors. She even wore lots of eyeliner. But then there was her music, so typical. Slipknot, Marilyn Manson (who by the way sucks, in my opinion, I much prefer Avenged Sevenfold or anything Indie) etc. I myself sometime feel a bout of depression but personally I don’t usually share it with anyone, especially the ones around me. Most of the people who know me only know that I’m content and happy-go-lucky. But I have moments of weakness where I tend to shed tears over those who have departed from my life. One in particular was my grandfather who still is in my dreams. But then you’d say ‘he was your grandpa, not your mom or dad or something’ but he was important in my life...I could talk four hours on end about how life on this end sucks but there is not point is there? Others suffer much much more and people should realize that too.

I don’t mind that you are direct in your opinions. It shows that you don’t really care what others think of the way you speak your mind. You don’t sugar coat anything and always stay true to your point.

As for that girl, she was friends with one of my ex best friends, who pegged herself as a goth. She was a hypocrite, she stated one thing and practiced another. She always complained, like the girl I mentioned previously. But I knew her life really well. Sure her mom wasn’t stable but her dad was the sweetest man to ever live. I spend most of my time at her house because of my mom’s boyfriend at the time. Anyway, while at her house her father never pried into her life and was always very kind to her, always did his best to provide her with a good home and anything she could want. I envied her for that. I have both my parents, yes. But my father is like a stranger to me, he was in and out of my life so much that he way as well bed. My mother and I are reconnect at the present time but while growing up she passed me and my brother off to my grandparents and we lived there for years while she lived on her own. Then she met Joe when I was seven and they were together up to last November. I know my life sounds plain and normal and it might be.

I would never be considered a goth. Not even with the stereotypes. Sure I own things that are black, but eh I have tan t shirts, those kind with the different colored sleeves, you know like the baseball players from back in the day wore. But mostly I dress in a matter that states I like comfortable closing. But I do wear only eyeliner and though it’s pointless to make an excuse my only reasoning is that I look like a ghost, due to my pale skin and my lack of sun exposure. The eyeliner makes my eyes look less creepy.

As for your other statements, I do see myself as someone who is just trying to live in the best way I know how, taking care of my little siblings so my mother can work two jobs, while finishing my schooling at home and running the house sufficiently so that my mom doesn’t have much to worry about.

I know that I am a loser and I have always been seen that way, even in school but I’ve learned to just ignore yet another label. Most people during my high school years labeled me as the quiet-art-loser girl. Go figure, I didn’t care back then and I don’t now, I have the two friends that matter and don’t count on placing my trust in other in the near future.

Okay now I’m going to go and cook dinner for my brothers...and then it’s time for laundry yippie lol oh and that guy who’s supposed to fix our AC is supposed to arrive soon.

All this is just a response to your writing. I do hope you’ll write a story in the near future, I have a feeling that it would be most interesting.
Meat-eater Puppysbane chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Teenagers are annoying. Then again, your writing isn't much better. Thank God you swore a lot, or I would've been inspired to regress into a wrist-slitting goth.

Anyway, you're just like the American empire. Everyone wants control over others...

I'm going to go write poems about unicorns and black swans now.
babble chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
closeminded cunt. i wouldnt be surprised if your kids committed suicided or your boyfriend dumped without a reason. point in fact, you would have earned it.
lilith's heir chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Review the concept of 'hypocrite', and you'll see that I'm not trying to be nice with you... until then, you can curse as much as you want. you are still pathetic to me, and as far as i can see, you're a sixteen year old girl trying to be thoughtful, but failing at it.
FromEastToWest chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Well, this was interesting reading, but you seem to miss the roots of this whole situation. As someone else said before, they are teenagers.

You must remember, you weren't squeezed out of your mom's crotch being a grown up. Everyone goes through phases, you were a kid, you played, you were stupid, you had fun, you grew up, you were confused, you had questions, you were an idiot, you had fun, you kept on growing, you realized things were crap/great, you got yourself a life, you looked forward, and then you will keep on growing up... till you drop dead someday being a wise ass human. (Hopefully you'll live long enough to be something near a 'wise' adjective)

Now, wanting all teenagers to act like mature and functional humans is too much to ask from life itself. Jesus-fucking-Christ, teenagers are also humans you know? And humans such as yourself are full of flaws and misconceptions and shit.

So... For whatever past trauma/problem/depression/obsession/phase you underwent, you are acting like an intolerant, arrogant and haughty lady with scarce knowledge of what human behavior is. I see this "goth" them being kicked over and over throughout the reading, like if that was a major problem. I'm pretty sure a mature GOTH individual cares little about poseurs and teen crap; whilst you just can't get over the fact that you were also a teenager at some point in your fucking life.

You encourage people to read, but I don't think you're reading too closely the phrase at the bottom of the window that pops up everytime you want to write a review, let me do the honors, "It is extremely helpful to use this opportunity to comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved. A well rounded critique is often the most rewarding tool for the writer"

Do you think you're following the rules? According to you maturely schemed world of righteousness and wit?

Drop the tough facade, you sound pathetic trying to scold teenagers! It's like scolding kids because they just want to be kids! If you ever come across a 40 year old dude dressed in black with a kilo of black eyeliner plastered on his eyelids and claiming to be Goth becuase they listen to My Chemical Romance, then we can get worried... until then, just walk your line and keep your eyes to the front.

There's less misery in the world if you avoid seeing more than there really is. Deal with your own real and imaginary problems, use that motherfucking huge brain you brag about and leave the rest of human beings to suffer, it certainly isn't your life.

Ta-dá
mode chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
i agree with most of it.. and it's cool people read it.. put some sense in their heads but come on? they just need the attention, people with real fat problems don't want it, at least if they really want to fix them... anyways, i like your point of view, just let people be. let them grow and realize how stupid they were.
lilnannah chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
you are so mean you know when your this mean no one will want to be your freind i bet you dont have any friends because you think your always right despite what you think you are not alwyays right you just love putting people down and trying to make them feel infeiror but your not better than anyone and you don't have to be so mean and conseted i mean you are right a lot of the time but you're not better than anyone else and you dont have to keep tryign to prove you are and your not and you never will be so stfu!
Formerly chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Eh. I have nothing against profanity, and use it often myself. But I can't really take you seriously when you say "dipshit" about once per paragraph.
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Whoa! Okay, I don't know why I found that so fucking hilarious . . . but I did. *laughs* Maybe it's the excessive cursing, or the crazy ass subject matter itself. I don't know really. But I know one thing for sure: the word 'cunt' always tickles me silly.

"I don't know, maybe I am just smarter than you, but when I have a problem, I deal with it. I use my brain and I deal with it."

Out of curiosity, how did you deal with the abusive father issue? And who would you side with: Tom Cruise or Brooke Shields? I know, I'm digressing . . . but answer the fucking question anyway.

"Because I want to hammer some fucking sense into you, but you never get it. You and people like you are too stupid to live."

They're teens - they'll grow out of it eventually, I'm sure. God, I hope so.