Reviews for Storm
Kaz chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
I'll email you most of my thoughts but I just want to say in here that was amazing... Seriously! You are such a good writer... The way you got deep and described things... I can't do that if I tried... I'm jealous of you!
hesfb chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
I thought it was actually a really good attempt to portray the emotions and struggles that people in that sort of situation go through. I also like your use of biblical quotes. All in all it made me think and while I wouldve loved a happy ending I understand why it couldnt be.
XO'MagickMoon'OX chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
*gapes* O.O

*composes herself*

*fails and bursts into tears*

*sobs*

*takes a deep breath*

*composes herself for real*

...Okay, I'm good now. And might I say, *damn* that was freakin' amazing. I loved the characters, I loved the conflict, I loved the detail, I loved the dialogue, I loved the m/m-ness, and I loved the drama-ish stuff. All in all, I loved IT. I think that it was perfect. Not what I expected when I first started to read it, but when I got going, I couldn't stop. You just sucked me right in. Perhaps it's just 'cause I'm a religion freak, as well as a hardcore yaoi (m/m) fangirl, and a total sucker for drama. But, when it comes to religions, I love to analyze them, compare them, discuss them. And, being Christian (albeit a strange one, as I'm a New Age Christian), I found this story very interesting.

I think one of the parts I liked best was when Davis was trying to prove to Chris that homosexuality was wrong, and kept reciting all of the Bible verses. The only verse I knew that related to homosexuality was Leviticus 18:22. Something like, "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman. It is an abobination."

I think also what I like most about this story was the contrasts between Davis and Chris, and yet Chris's unyielding love for this boy who was the total opposite of him, yet in whom he found his salvation, in a way, as well as his damnation. Oh, I also loved the irony of Chris's name being "Christian".

And-oh!-Chris's love confession (though not his first one, from what I gathered). It was so sweet and so beautiful and it made me smile and want to cry at the same time. And, oh, Davis just irritated me so much with his stubbornness...

But, I was able to tolerate it, even like his stubbornness, because he didn't have this "blind loyalty" thing about him that made him seem stupid rather than devoted. You know what I'm talking about? Like, he really did love God, God was his everything, his faith *was* him and wasn't just some senseless belief. He didn't come off as stupid, like most religious characters who blindly follow Christianity do, but rather strong, for his strong determination to be morally Christian in every way. Bah, I don't think I'm making sense, so I'll just move on.

I like the allusion to Will and Grace, too. I used to love that show, though I think I liked Dharma (sp?) and Greg more. *shrugs* Which leads me to the part with Davis' confession to being gay. That was great, too. Hell, everything was great. Amazing job! If I could favorite this a thousand times (for no other purpose than the fact that I'm totally in love with this story) then I would.

*favorites*