Reviews for Hard Candy
Rayne chapter 27 . 5/23/2008
God Nikolai is such a wanker.

He's really annoying me.

But awesome story )
Duuude chapter 32 . 5/18/2008
omgsh. So good. I love this. It doesn't end all perfect with Nikolai and Modest getting married but this was a good ending too. Realistic endings are always good to do too.

I love the sentence before the last. "The last time he helped me kill a man, he helped me kill myself on the inside a little." That was so sad. [

And as much as I used to hate Sevestyan... ugh. . . I'm still really really sad that he ended up having cancer. That depressed me.

I still liked the ending but what happened to Desya's mom? She was sent off to the loony bin and no one even talked about her after that. I expected Desya to visit and cry with her and have a heart to heart. Or at least for her to babble off mentally and him to look at her and cry. And for me to cry along with him because I love Desya.

In the beginning, he pissed me off because he was such a push over. Seriously, I wanted him to beat Nikolai up even if he was weaker. I wanted him to do something other than cry in his room. Gosh.

But he redeemed himself in the end, and I think he's my favourite character here.

I also love how you have so many different backgrounds in one story. Russian, Korean, Japanese, Irish, Polish, Italian, Spanish...there was so much. I can't even remember if there was more.

And you somehow added a bit of each language. I'm interested in the Russian language now because of this. Plus, you didn't mention the Korean/Japanese rivalry here. They do have some rivalry, yeah.

Good thing Takashi was killed in the end. Although, I would never kill someone I would want them punished if they had killed someone important to me. So Desya's not cold-blooded or anything...

Yeah.

xD

Anyway, great story. I don't really know what the last sentence means but I think I have an idea.

It's a great last sentence btw. It sounds so mysterious and cryptic. I like.

Nikolai and Desya are moved from their place or what? I don't really know.

But I like Sevestyan. It's funny how he also let out that he's been with dudes too. Too bad he's dying. don't feel too bad though.. P He did torture his own son. The bastard. He is too harsh.

Oh yeah and Konstantin! Heehee. He IS gay. He lied. I like Leone. He's too funny. I liked it when they were playing pranks.

Oh and Fiore's a great name. It means flower. Oh yeah, I knew what it meant. I get proud about these things. Since my dad speaks Italian and I'm useless with the language. At least I can understand it somewhat but speaking it is a whole other matter...

ANYWAY. Love your story. Violent, sad, and beautiful is how I would describe but I wouldn't change anything about it!

LOVELY! ]
Ishae Kala Juita chapter 3 . 3/3/2008
xD I saw the name Kostya, and I had to review. It's my little brother's name, so of course it peaked my interst. You appear to know a lot about the russian cultue. (i only know some cause my little bro Kostya and step mom Alena are russian. not that alena is much of a russian, but hey) It's a big change from teh sterotypical presentation of russians.
Stormy Whether chapter 32 . 2/17/2008
OKay, I don't have much time to review seeing as I'm borrowing this computer (for about three hours after I should have given it back, but i was too busy reading the story), but I do have to say that you did an absolutely wonderful job with it. Overall, awesome story!

Love,

P0!s0n
True.Randomness chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
I don't really know what to say about this story other that, it was fantastic, even though in the end it failed to give me conclusion. It was writen very well and have very few mistakes. The ending this give closure to a lot of the story, however it raises a lot of questions about what happens after. It is an inconclusive-conclusive ending. I am wondering if that means there is going to be a sequeal. I would be great if there is one, no only to get my curiosity settled but also because I really like the character and would love to see more of them. This story was fun to read and hope for a sequeal.
orangesandmoons chapter 32 . 2/10/2008
great story. i like how desya and nikolai's relationship kinda slowly develops instead of going BAM! loved the ending!
Cattails chapter 9 . 1/28/2008
Oh, the drama!
Cattails chapter 8 . 1/28/2008
I see Nikolai going bonkers at some point in the near future.
Cattails chapter 7 . 1/28/2008
Morphine and murder...interesting combination. Well, guess he's one of them now, eh?
Cattails chapter 6 . 1/28/2008
If the lot of them don't kill each other by the end, I'll be amazed.
Cattails chapter 5 . 1/28/2008
Well, at least something good came of his attempted escape? I like the brothers :P
Cattails chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
Ah, Nikolai is such a jerk. I like him. But I'm still rooting for Modest to take him down a peg.
SkyFallOuch chapter 32 . 1/18/2008
I'm usually a person that would message throughout the whole series of chapters but...I'm a little lazy lately and I've been reading this story like the mad cow disease...

sso...I'd say, I love this story! I like how Nikolai and Desya's relationship slowly develops...unlike other stories when the two main characters go BAM! We're in love!

Especially love the last line of the whole story. Just wonderful. Definitely adding onto my favs. )
nlightisgay chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Ah... I don't have an account on fictionpress, so I'll just submit an anonymous review. I read it like you said! It's good... are their names Russian? As in, like, Soya and Desya and Nikolai or whatever. 'Cause, you know, they don't sound English. They probably are, aren't they...
cylindric chapter 32 . 12/12/2007
wow, this story's really good. definitely going on my favorites.

i love nikolai. he's pretty amazing, even though he's a jackass. i didn't really like desya at first, because he was all... timid. but then he got all... not timid. ] i know, i have great word choice. i should go buy a thesaurus.

for some reason, i really missed velvel in the later chapters... like, in the chapter where nikolai was randomly crushing his pills on his dad's desk with a pen... his dad was like "those could kill velvel." and i'm thinking, "wait, velvel totally disappeared! VELVEL." i missed that ickle puppy.

and, at first, i really liked lizavela because she was really random and insane kinda, but then i didn't because she was threatening everyone. plus, she didn't like pinstripes. really. who doesn't like pinstripes?

oh, oh! and! leone was "feckin" amazing! i loved him!

ANYWAY. heh heh. amazing story. ]
446 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »