Reviews for The Play
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Fantastic! I like the way this one also drew the eye down the page. Yes, life IS like a play. And everything you described does happen in real life, as it does on stage. We all play many roles as well... sometimes this person, sometimes another. I was hoping "the end" of the poem would not disappoint... and it did not. "good-bye for-ever never-agains uttered, autographs misspelled and the real show goes on..." Perfect. For sadly, life continues its breakneck (or perhaps I should said "break a leg") pace despite all the "mangled-lines, cast-cuts" and heartbreaks.

Nice job... Truly, Tourterelle (becoming partly cloudy)
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Haha, I love it! It's truly amazing! :)

LUVZ IT!

haha.

-Sarah
Spirit Tigress chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Nice! Very well written!
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Hello! I guess it's been awhile since I've reviewed any of your stuff. Well, here we go.

I actually like this poem. I've never been a big fan of the theatre. It's not because I don't like plays (I'm a huge Shakespeare fanatic) or acting or actors... It's just that theatre-the stage, I guess-is an imitation of real life. A bad reason to dislike it, I guess, but a reason all the same. Anyway, you did a very nice job with this poem, even though it IS free verse :).

You capture the fakeness of the theatre very nicely: "selling store-bought home-made baked goods, selling store-bought home-made baked goods," etc. And your final "lines": "and/the/real/show/goes/on..." We're never REAL in our lives, are we? Another aspect of the fake theatre. All the world's a stage, isn't it? Nice job on this. Sorry if I rambled incoherently.
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
ahha, I love the ending...This kind of feels like from the point of view of the play write with all the ups and downs- how the poems goes quick then all the slow "and/the/show"
Mr. Raven chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
ah, bravo..yes. the real show is life. and what a ratings winner it is.
H.L. Darlows chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
An interesting poem, which I enjoyed reading. I can't say the formatting really agreed with me, but hey, who am I to judge? Well done!
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Vaery nice content Felicia, but what's up with the formatting?

It's like it's being read by an asthmatic

having

an

attack...

Alan.

Hee!
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
Wonderful and specific scenes created. This is an excellent step by step walk through of emotion and background detail of how acting evolves. Well written. I like the specific phrases that make this unique, while staying relatable to the reader. Well done.
empathic life chapter 1 . 4/29/2006
I like the dash-i-fied words. And the one word lines. Really caught your emotions in this one, love. Not much else to say. I miss reading your poems. -E.L.
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 4/28/2006
I loved the format of this. And all of its content reminded me so much of the movie Laughter on the 23rd Floor. I enjoyed the feeling of drama the format provoked.