Reviews for And Into The Sky
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
I've read this one before - did you use it in a Supernatural fic? It's hauntingly powerful.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
this is beautiful!
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Even though it made me depressed, I like this piece. I really admire how you can use mythological and biblical (another kind of mythology, I guess) references so easily. I've said before that your free verse doesn't bother me, but this poem is a prime example of the reason why: you put thought into your words. From Eliot to Perseus to Heracles (pardon me, Hercules) to Revelation-it all seems to come so easily. Last year for my Intro to Poetry class I had to memorize a poem, and to impress the professor I memorized "Hollow Men." A stanza of that poem just really fits with your poem: "Those who have crossed / With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom / Remember us-if at all-not as lost / Violent souls, but only / As the hollow men / The stuffed men" (Eliot). Your poem ends with a sort of depressed resignation: your persona is sad, but he or she goes into the sky. I have a feeling you're talking about more than youth in this poem, if you don't mind my interpreting beyond the summary. 'Til we meet again "In the twilight kingdom," as Eliot might say, "Under the twinkle of a fading star." Nice job.
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
i love all the references, and what they represent. especially 'mary, mary, quite contrary, didn't you wed little boy blue?'i also really like the repetition and the structure, very nursery-rhyme like, which is perfect for the theme. great job.