Reviews for Stanza
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
amazing
JackInk chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
That was very nice. I could make a picture of that scene in my mind, very beautiful.
Crescent Fairy chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Wow. This was really good. I liked the ending when you pointed out that war never ends. You could really tell you took on the perspective of a whole new character and with that, the worries, fear, regrets, and personality in general. Good job on it!
Alice Faraday chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
This would make a really good narration for a film...I can already picture a child saying this as the scences flash by depicting the events portrayed. Very cool...it's not neccisarily a "poem", more like an organized though (which typically is a poem...but whatever)...But nonetheless, I like it!

Words From the Heart
Erimenthy chapter 20 . 8/7/2006
I have to say that Stanza 12 was my favorite, Using a different point of view was a good idea. Th lines '"The screams, the smells./The terror, the fear./The eternal question,/Will I be next?" from Stanza 10 caught my eye, the 'will I be next?' part provokes fear.

I read all of the chapters here and I enjoyed them. They had their terrifying points in the war and it was simple to see an image of what was happening. The only thing I have to offer is a suggestion...Why not start earlier in the war, or go to a time where there are people held hostage? It would add to the story and it is a different view of the war aswell.

The story at the end gave the impression (in my eyes) of realizing that there wasnt much time left and taking it to use to write that last message, that was a very good idea for an ending and was done you for the reviews and keep writing! Sorry if this comes off as messy, I'm not sure if pressing 'enter' a couple of times to seperate some things will work...
Stonewall2 chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
This is a beautiful poem and it's incredibly sad.
Lounalune chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
That's terrible (not the poem, the topic). It makes one want to scream. Good work.
Leo Eigenmann chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This poem shows a lot of craftsmanship. I am really amazed. And your writitng style seems to be promising. They express strong emotions. I like it.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
sad.. powerful and beautiful.. if its suppossed to be a stanza i would get rid of the double spacing.. if you need help let me know.. and thanks for the review
Tad Zendol chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
That's really good. The power put into the lines at the beginning was amazing. Great job.-TadThanks for the review.
burning in effigy chapter 11 . 5/21/2006
reminds me of The Things They Carried

or WW1
Meihan chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
WoW! O.O It's really good. I can understand the feeling even though my brother isnt at war and i never been involved in a war. BUt anyways it was really a good poem. keep up the good work

Aki
poemkitten7 chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
Wow, the first stanza is so sad. A lot of mixed emotions and I could tell how the narrator is feeling. Very nicely expressed and beautifully written. Keep writing! :)
burning in effigy chapter 7 . 5/1/2006
...is this about Napolean?
burning in effigy chapter 2 . 4/29/2006
Very interesting..."We were just tools./We were the little men" loved these two lines

is this about war in general? or is there a specific war you're talking about?