Reviews for Strain
Nemonus chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Beautifully bittersweet. Good prose. These desires are..."I cannot find what I want here, and soon I must move on, and the shadows will be my friend, because we can never coexist. It is futile; I’ve tried too many times to knit us together in my dreams as I napped on the couch. It never worked, and I always woke up with the pillow askew and a terrible crick in my neck, to boot."

Lots of lines in this piece are full of longing-emotion and well written-creatively written.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
This one hits a chord, and it's a good piece. I love this:

There is a yearning now. For fantasy, and water-washed cobble stone streets, and little cottages with fields of endless flowers and the sunlight streaming down on all three.

I like the prose-y style and the non-apologetic expression of longing and loneliness. The ability to apologize is important, but so is knowing when not to do it. Write more, write fast.
ronshaberry chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
This is what I feel like when I write angsty stuffs. Heh. You make angst beautiful. Awesome.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
seems like stuck in reverse through the imagination

that happens

jammed gears

and gears covered in jam
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
This seems to contain a real emptiness of spirit in the speakers voice. Like nothing in reality ever compares to imagination, which is an honest, truthful concept. Very well developed, as the reader identifies, and empathizes with the speaker through the tone and phraseology used. A marvelous inner monologue that raises interesting and thought provoking questions. Well written.