Reviews for Owning a Storyteller
mangatake chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
That started out very well, but it ended too abruptly. Beginning with when Roka met the king in the garden, nothing made sense - everything was out of character. You're an excellent writer, but I couldn't help feeling like you got tired of writing this and decided to wrap it up prematurely. There should be more to usher in that last scene more smoothly. Thanks for sharing, at any rate.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I love this story to the core. The crazy long sentences, the way you phrase things, as well as the King's cruelty and the storyteller's stubbornness. Those two go so well together:)
CinderellaWithCombatBoots chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Hello again. So, I know you must be getting annoyed by me now but what can I say? You're a good writer with 85 stories and I happen to be someone who reviews stories I like on here. It annoys me when people can take the time to read and favourite but won't even write a line to say it was good. So. It was good. Great, actually. As always :P I'm such a goddamn suck-up. You made me into this. You owe me for it, haha. Just kidding :]
nomy chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
oohh..love itsimple and nice..absolutely gorgeous!
Half-BloodGrlPirate chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
this was awesome i loved the story and characters. update on Burden please. BYE!

je t'adore,

b.j./H-BGP
Frosted Midnight chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
oh *claps* i like this one!*claps again*
Mya chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
It took me so long to reveiw. But I did indeed enjoy it. Really good ending
Naomi Schemer chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
This was really good. I have yet to gain any sort of compassion towards the king, even at the end of the story. I like the storyteller a lot, though. **Sigh** The life of a storyteller would be lovely, wouldn't it? Walking from place to place, telling storys, and having no long term worries, only thinking of the present, and of the next story. Alas, something like that is not possible in this day and age. I did feel like the king should have at least turned a page where he could start fixing the country, after being inspired by Roka. Maybe it'll happen in the future, I don't know, but I feel like I can't really feel completely satisfied until I know the country has a future, too.
A lazy Venustas chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
I read this during school after reading stuff about death and it was really cool. I like the story Roka tells about the betraying princess andthe thing about only telling a story once. Yeahh...

Cygnus didn't seem too crazy...upset mad but not crazy mad... Eh. Then again, I'm a little bit craz-eh meself so whatever who knows, right?

Tk-tk... Icecream!
AppLEaves chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
So clean, it's blinding me. -squinty eyes-

I didn't understand the scream though. Roka made the king scream? Funny.

And by the way, I'm on a fairytale high right now. I was reading tons of the stuff yesterday. And I stumbled on this one I wanna recommend to you.

Author's J. R. Pickwick. Look for the last story. Very last one.

Toodles!