Reviews for dry oil in the midnight lamp
Ernest Bloom chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
covering some vast tarotory here.
hippos-anoonymus chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
JESUS, your poems are almost unrealy, your vocabulary is beautiful, and that subtle way of rhyming, flawless it seems unintentional (maybe it is)...

Grains and Oats chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
This is awesome. You changed anger into something graceful and beautiful. Your writing style is indeed great. Never stop writing, or else the world will die lol
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
wow, the language in this was very elequently put. nicely done

keep writing!
Made in Britain chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Good job on this, it's really, really good. It's wierd, there seem to be loads of poems going around fictionress now about people who want to batter someone else, I even wrote one myself but subsequently deleted it due to intolerable shitness levels. This is the best one I've seen yet though, in terms of language and expression; "Cyclonic staves of rage", what a fucking fantastic line! Anyway keep at it you big fat good poem writer you.
Kranky201 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Really Good I like these poem keep up the wonderfull writing and hope to ehar more of your magnificent work.
toxic-noodle725 chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
wo. that was good. i loved the last line"resides in my own two fists". well done!
Teeco chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
This seems to have a long story behind it, that is begging to be told. However, you seem to be telling the emotion behind the story, rather than the story itself. I get the feeling that it forces the reader to make their own story to fit the emotions. It is very well worded, and I liked it a lot.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
interesting! Makes me wonder just what happened! I have a "friend" just lately who did me so wrong, that I failed the test miserably and I feel seduced used betrayed abandoned sad but most of all FUCKING PISSED OFF! :p and LIED to!
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
i love the language you've used in this - wonderfully worded. my favourite, however, is the first stanza because it is so full of anger and the beginning of it starts so serene and peaceful, and the ending is so bitter. just love it.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Love the title. You've made anger an elegant emotion in this. I like the way you switch from specifics in the beginning to concepts in the middle, back to specifics in the end. It seems like this is an internal struggle with the emotion,(rage-hate-anger), and despite the best intentions of the speaker it becomes overwhelming, which is an honest and true representation of how reactions and recollections really work. There seems to be many layers to this one, the concrete situation, the speakers initial reaction and the speakers reaction in remembrance. It vaults through a marvelously well developed narrative to attach the reader with the particulars to make it relatable. Well written. Amazing how you can make even anger seem intellectual and poetic. I'll stop rambling on. Great write.