Reviews for laundry detergent and love
mostly water chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
You don't just lose talent, and you certainly have't. I love the mood of this, you've captured summer-summer! so well in it. There's a sleepiness running through the entire thing, which makes every reference more poignant, more painful, more hollow & on-the-surface-sweet. I love.
Katybuckets chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
wow...I'm completely taken aback.

Very very impressive. Some of the best poetry I've seen on Fiction Press.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
yellow ribbons and the practice of numbing our tongues. this is full of shattered childhood innocence and the foreshadowing of something more.

whatever you may feel about it, it is certainly beautiful.
in a jar pk chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
i adore your style!
a lonely september chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
this is so fucking beautiful. i really really love your poetry so much and i remember we use to talk and shit a lot more and i guess it's not like that anymore, well duh it's not, but still, that's life i guess... i still love your poetry and stuff though, it's awesome. you're way one of the best poets on here.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Your summary drew me in, and I was not disappointed. Nice job.
eden is burning chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
You could never lose your talent, for you are consistent brilliance personified.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
It is a bit generic, I will agree, but you have a lot of talent here (don't kid yourself that you don’t.)

"s.u.m.m.e.r has been sleeping in our hair" - favorite line in the whole piece, mesmerizing, evocative. I think the best part of being a writer is showing bits of ourselves and slices of our lives to other people in a beautiful way - we're like dancers but our words do all the movements. And you really did that here, I'm kind of heartsick that you would say that you have no talent.

I'm trying to search my soul for some striking sentence of advice that I can give you (something that will impress, of course) but I guess the only thing that helps me when I'm in the dreaded spot of no inspiration is I just get a pen and a lined piece of paper and just start writing - whatever pops into your head, lyrics from songs, poetry, ridiculous words that don't make sense when put together, anything that gets you in the flow of writing words - the movements between mind and paper, that usually jogs something for me. Keep up the good work, and update soon.

Much love,Juliet.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
i really liked this poem. one of your bests by far. i really liked the physical imagery about laundry detergent. nice work.
account not in use chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
nah, it's just taking a little nap. Besides, you have so much talent, I don't think you could ever lose it. This is beautiful, in a painful, can't-look-at-it-to-closely way.
laughter at the funeral chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
the cacophony of imageries is really lovely...the last six lines are really great...oh and pls do review some of my poems if you have the time...

truly yours...
garylovespickles chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
s.u.m.m.e.r has been sleeping in our hair

beautiful, i know that summer feeling. iz x ps. trust me, you're not.
heartbroken922 chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
i loved it! it's different than other poetry. it was beautifull written great job!
lackluster chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
i like this. honestly, the last stanza or so wasn't as good as the first three but that's just my taste.

i like the way you use imagery.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
talent tends to dry up with disuse, i'm afraid, lol. but no, seriously, i liked this poem very much. very appropriate for the season too- or will be once all this rain stops. (in short: nicely done)
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »