Reviews for Jest
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I like the attitude in this. It's kind of a never get me down feeling which works well. Lots of anger! Well done x
Cindy Moon chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Oh, the anger; a tirade practically. Nice work. I hope to see more of your work soon. Yay for summer, again!-Cindy Moon *)
classic violet chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
lovely. reminds me of someone being bullied.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
it really is angst at its finest. you tackle the issues - bullying - and do it superbly, you state it with well drawn words and title it with a word that often asscociated with joy or clownish behavior, joking, and make it seem horrid, wrong, hurtful. you give voice to an issue that leaves the soul with something so much deeper than a scar; its wonderous.

(but: the last stanza seems rather rushed, i'd polish it up and keep with the theme of things; you are holding back merely a fantasy and, suddenly, you are fighting back, the transition does not seem as natural as the world lead it to)

* Noelle
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
interesting, sounds very much like a monologue. i like the feeling put into this. try to limit the use of elipses tho

keep writing!
dog-eared hanyou chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Aww, I know just how you feel. I wanted to stain my hands with some of those fifth-graders' blood today. I jest...like the title. I'll have to use the words miscreant and vex sometime tomorrow.

Ok, comments about the poem... It's obviously very angry and stuff. And I really like the words you pick. Scornful, scoffs, sneers, sparkly specks of soup. Three thumbs up!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
i like this.. interesting
Chris Conway chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
The language seemed a bit stilted, but I don't know if that was your point or not.
Rose of Granuaile chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
I like this. Not much for rhyme and meter, which is a little unlike you, but I think this came out well. The message is certainly put across well, and it's well written. I like the old english touch.

Hip
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
I love the word "vex" it is really cool, I think this is a wonderful piece.
method acting chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
I like hte ending stanza a lot. Some of the descriptions seem over the top and on the same base, rather than off on some sort of tangent-like the scenery or some background. I like it, though. It's nice. Real intense. Good job.
AllyCred chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I like, so much emotion running through this, its very powerful and for some reason i can connect to its meaning very easily, well done this is amazing!
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
spiteful yet so appealing at the same time. nice work.
Arichos chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Such anger...such violence. Such awesome expressions through these words.
Unknown Unnamed chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Very... angry. Poignant. Anyone who ever suffered any longtime verbal/emotional injuries from someone else can surely relate.