Reviews for Casualty
Plinky chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Gorgeous ending. You write very well. :D
empathic life chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Oh, I like the imagery in this one. Brilliant metaphors. I liked the part with the roots the best. And the ending. Nice ending. Yes. Just good poetry. -E.L.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Oh .. I absolutely loved the last lines .. "You paused a moment/to watch my petals/dropping." must be the single most touching line I've read. And I can't even place WHY it's so touching .. but it is.

This is a beautiful piece, and I don't think it's length is anything to worry about .. a poem has to go the length and number of words it needs to convey the right emotions .. sometimes short poems can cause the original meaning to get lost in translation. I think longer poems are better, actually. You know .. in general.

Thanks for the review .. thanks for that .. I didn't catch that before .. and noone else told me. So thanks. As for the "thinness" .. my freeverse has absolutely no rhyme or reason to it ..

all my love,felicia
ode to a firefly chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Wow, this is pretty much what my best friend and I went through with our mutual other best friend. Does that even make sense? I don't know.

Beautiful poem. I love the lines "you ran on rainy days..." Great imagery!

Christine
Chemically Induced chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
this is a very interesting poem. i can't explain why i like it so much, but i like it very much. "or just leave splinters/ in the wake of their caresses/ and move on." that's just plain dropdead wonderful. it has a melodic irreverence to it that is unique and most fitting to the subject. i don't know what it's abotu exactly, but i have an idea. and if i understand it correctly. the tone is just right, set at an almost anger but more sadness lots of bitterness. very pretty. :)

love, .
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
I love the window thing and everything from the line with no concerns til the end is amazing.. the rest is great too but that part is my fav
Predak chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
I loved "you paused a moment/ to watch my petals/ dropping." great image. way to be.