Reviews for Our Generation's Great War
antigonelives chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
"When we spend all day pointing fingers

We let the night seep in."

So, so true. You really are a human poet, Mr. Current, if you get what I'm saying (why does this sentence remind me of Sam Gamgee?). So many of us succumb to so many things we'll never see, and you put it all into a well-written, frank poem and I love it. On my favourites.
jadoreamor chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
People should write more poems like this! I actually understood the meaning of this poem, which was a relieve (i'm doing a class where we have to analyze poems intensively and just for once i'd really love to say what I feel about a poem, but we're not ALLOWED.) Anyway, loved this poem, a passionate one too, though slower-paced. I think this poem will always be contemporary now and forever, it's kind of sad isn't it?
first-casualty-of-war chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I have been thinking about this topic a lot recently, and you just strung all my thoughts into beautiful words. Amazing job, I love it (this is so going on my favorites by the way P)
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Ok, so the world is made up of billions of pieces, some of them trying to make their own shapes and some of them clever enough to understand their position.

But what if you're looking for your position in the world and you can't find it? You cannot fight all wars... it's impossible. But then, how to know which are your fights and which issues are best left for others to solve? It is never easy. By this I'm not saying that we shouldn't care for what's going on in other places, but sometimes there is nothing significant that we can do... but pray for them.

Beautiful poem, I liked it a lot.
Astana chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
So true: "So the world is dark and empty/Because we make it that way"The ending was surprising, the poem in general was very, very good. Keep it up!
method acting chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Nice topic. The whole bit is rather straightforward, but I supose that's what you were going for. It's interesting...well phrased, nicely done.
MidnightStar005 chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I love this poem because it is so true. You are now my hero!

WiNkS
youzi chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
i like the fact that this is a piece with a real message...and i find your classification of the piece under "tragedy" highly appropriate :D do keep writing!
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
*applause* Very good! Hehe, if you ever become a rich and famous-as-Robert-Frost poet this is going to be a poem schoolchildren read 50 years from now and are asked to discuss the cultural (or historical) meanings. Well done!
Kat-Renee Kittel chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
I had a dream that waz like your poem.

Maraka of the Fae chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
tweak it a bit and this would make an AWESOME spoken word poem...try mine..."spoken word poems" or "different" to get a jist on the styling and some of the same themes i used...good job
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
Oh... you are a very wonderful writer. Absolutely loved the "lists"; it made everything more powerful (sort of like backing up your ideas). I did not expect the ending at all. The poem was sort of sad and angry, but the way you wrote it made it seem calm (but the kind of "scary" calm, like how someone might act before they explode.). The reference to puzzles was very nice and clever.
Jen calculates chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
"And the puzzle falls apart/And the world falls apart" - I love the passion and sense of desperation in this. Great job on it :)
xoxoMizzatxoxo chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
Good. I love the way you refer to life as a puzzle.