Reviews for Like Father, Like Son
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
CONSTANTLY disappointed by your lack of updates. Don't know why I keep checking back when I know you're not gonna post anymore anyways.
scarletfleur chapter 11 . 7/3/2014
Oh my god, that was actually heartbreaking. I think that you wrote it well - delicately but with brutality. Ever since her assignment came up to plant the bug in his bedroom, I had an inkling something like this would happen but I think that you conveyed her conflict well. I like the way you portray the disparity between the truth and reality against a fake a overly glamorised world, with the mercenaries being the 'good' yet brutal guys and Broderick as the golden boy who is actually psychopathic. I'm definitely intrigued as to how you will develop his character (as I think he will be a major plot player after this?!) especially in relation to the furious Lance!
Also the way you developed Cassia and Lance as characters has been slow but steady, as u feel like I really know them as individuals and not only as a couple! Their relationship has been paced as well as the plot. I can feel the tension building up and I almost can't wait for Cassia's inevitable implosion/explosion especially seeing as there seems to be more to the story where her parents are concerned? And possibly Pat too...unless he isn't involved in at all and there isn't a team hijacking his house as well!
Anyway, long review over! Basically I think your story is amazing, and I can't wait for the next update! :)
Grespitchied chapter 11 . 7/1/2014
Please update soooooon! I have moderate hope since the last update was just this April. Great writing but my only advice is PLEASE DO NOT ABANDON YOUR STORIES! Thank you
Amelie chapter 11 . 6/13/2014
Please update :(((
Amhj89 chapter 11 . 6/7/2014
Please continue I'm dying to know what happens next
my princess ending chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
It's literally been 84 years. I've missed Lance and Cassia so much. Due to the fact that it has been 84 years, I reread the whole story and my judgement of it is the same as it was or it's better. There still are a couple of errors that confuse the reader in the beginning chapters but it's okay since I kinda get what you're trying to say.

This chapter was heavy but I like it like that. I forgot everything and I accidentally read a spoiler saying rape was involved. Guess what my first reaction was? I'm done. I was done when I found out Cassia was going to be raped because holy shit. Nobody lets their protagonist get raped. As much as I had hoped Lance to go save Cassia like the shining knight in armor he is, I'm so glad you didn't make this chapter a cliche mess. Then I had wished she said fuck fuck fuck but she never did and I literally bowed down to my phone and praised her when I read the reason why she didn't do it. Instead, during the entire time, I was saying the key phrase for her hoping somehow Peterson would burst through the door. I was about to smash my head against the wall when I read what Jack had to say about the whole situation. If I were Lance, I would've straight up told him to gtfo since it's Cassia's house and he wasn't respecting her.

I'm debating whether or not I should come back 10 years later and just read the whole story then but I highly doubt you'd be done by then. Ooops. Hahah, I hope you update soon! I believe in you!
Forever Wonderland chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
update soon pleaseeeee
daresa09 chapter 11 . 5/6/2014
This was a heavy chapter , and this is a fucked up response because instead of focusing on the most important part of it , I can't help thinking how cute it is that the guys are so gentle and caring towards her now . Thank goodness they didn't shrug it off like this is the kind of sacrifice you make when you operate with Die Mordor(sp) . Because if they were going to be indifferent , then you could write me in to kill them all . This is probably the most fucked up thing to say , but I'm proud of Cassia ... Not for being raped-they need to kill Broderick immediately after they get the info they need-but for not crying to Peterson to save her . For not relying on any of the boys to save her . I hope she heals physically and emotionally , but I hope she's indifferent about it so they all feel even shittier . I'll have to go back and reread the story , but wasn't Peterson big on manhandling her and threatening to kill her ? I wish he hadn't said that he'd never hurt her , because that's BS . Unless he's trying to say , 'I know I'm an asshole , but I'd never rape you' , then he doesn't even need to mention that because I'm sure someone would've killed him if he tried to force himself on her ... I'm so glad you didn't give up on this story ! I'm hugging you right now .
muffinking chapter 11 . 4/29/2014
What an intense chapter. Totally saw the rape coming and though I am normally okay with reading such scenes, there is something about the way you wrote it that made it cringe-worthy (which is a good thing!). The way you wrote how Cassia reacted to it fleshed out the entire scene for me. I found it amazing that you managed to illustrate the trauma she underwent so well. The boys' reaction was also nice, an effective way of showing that there's still some humanity to them- with the exception of Jack, of course, though I'm sure there's a reason why he's as stone cold as he is.

I'm excited with how you'll handle Lance and Cassia's next interaction. Have waited so long for an update but I don't think I mind as much if you can be able to keep up with the quality you've set so far!
Guest chapter 11 . 4/28/2014
Oooooohhh intense chapter I knew it,it was supposed to happen,poor Cassia too harsh I hate that actor so much right now and Lance too(kind of)... and I am so thankful that you are back and please keep on updating on weekly basis or something like are a great writer so please UPdate again soooonn...
frouwe chapter 11 . 4/27/2014
I knew that was going to happen but I never imagined it was going to be that... harsh? Destructive? Purposefully humiliating? You handled it pretty well though, for such a delicate situation. I've read too many rape scenes that just sort of gloss over the situation and don't ever call it rape. Obviously I hate that it happened, but it's important that you and Cassia made a clear difference between physical arousal and consent. And that Cassia is acting accordingly to the trauma, which, again, I don't like, but narratively you can't have a scene like that and no follow-up. So kudos on that.

This seems like a breaking point for the story, too, at lest re: Cassia's relationship with Die Mörder. I mean, I don't want them all walking on eggshells around her and treating her like she's made of porcelain, but it's a huge step up from her being a particularly annoying mosquito to most of them (I'm talking about Peterson, mostly). The reaction was humanizing for many of them, it makes the prospect of Cassia being 'accepted' in the group much less remote. It's interesting to see some friction between Lance and Jack (who I want to hate for being so flippant, but his pragmatic, means-justify-ends mentality was actually the same as Cassia's last chapter, with the huge difference that he wasn't the one who made the sacrifice). This newfound rift is going to shift the group dynamics quite a bit, isn't it?

I'm waiting with bated breath for the big reveal about Cassia's parents. It's hard to see her go through so much for a cause she may adhere too if only someone told her what it is and for bunch of people that haven't brought anything positive to her life yet. Especially because she has virtually no support system; some of the boys are friendly to her and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Lance killed Broderick, but I feel like what she really needs right now and what she has needed through the course of the story is a female, more nurturing presence.

This whole story is kinda of an extended metaphor on college apps, haha. I went through that last year and it was nightmarish; I feel for Cassia every time she talks about her essays and school.

I hope that everything's good with your life/job/whatever it is that's eating up your time.
Lindalamr chapter 11 . 4/24/2014
The boys should consider showing her how to defend herself so she doesn't end up getting hurt. You'd think by now, with all their intelligence, they'd figure a little basic skill in self protection would be good.
xXaoshiXx chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
This was intense. I know she's a fictional character but I feel awful for her. Rape is not and will never be good. I hope her situation improves in the next chapters.

Thanks for the update! :)
Apatu chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
I dont have any words. I legitamentally DO NOT have any words to describe how amazing this new chapter was. Please, take your time so you can give us the best work you can do. Good luck with work, and I'm squirming for your next chapter xD
Forever Wonderland chapter 11 . 4/23/2014