Reviews for Like Father, Like Son
Ava Jones chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
I have an issue with this turn of events. I've read about girls being raped in literature before, but it has never had this affect on me. It's not simply that it made me cringe-since it has always made me cringe-and it's not because it's offensive-since rape will always be offensive in any shape or form. My main problem is that I can't figure out whether it was really necessary or it was nothing but shock value fodder? Did it really add to the plot or could something else had happened in its place that would have been in much better taste? Because my great opinion of this revision is slipping fast. I really liked the changes you made. The depth you added to the plots and the characters. I really did. Until you did...this.

It could've been attempted rape. It could've been a brutal beat-down. Maybe, she could've escaped on her own by the skin on her teeth. Maybe, someone saves her. Sure, still pretty bad... but it makes a lot more sense than no one sitting and doing anything to help her. And it could be something I can't even think of. But this...

I'm actually considering dropping this story now. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but... I had to get this off my chest.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
is there really no way she can get away from them? even though she seems to like lance and vice versa, jack seems hell bent on ruining her life
mylittleprincess chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
GOD i hate Jack i want to shoot him badly ,update please.
mia aurora chapter 11 . 4/23/2014
waaa! this chapter is kinda sad but still excited to see more after faster pleasee \./
cityflux chapter 11 . 4/22/2014
I admit it - I cringed so badly when she was raped simply because what she's going through was just so awful. Broderick Moore is a dick. And 1000 points to Lance for standing up to Jack for Cassia.
LadyA chapter 11 . 4/22/2014
Oh my god, I cent wait for the next update!
Flutteringbutterfly chapter 11 . 4/22/2014
I feel so sad for Cassia. I hope next chapter will get better.
sonnet18 chapter 11 . 4/22/2014
Thanks for the new chapter! ;)
thepiemaster chapter 2 . 4/22/2014
I really liked the old beginning :( it was sooooo funny! This version...idk, I feel like its a bit rushed. Like there's a paragraph or a few pages missing.
mylittleprincess chapter 10 . 4/11/2014
update please:)
OhKai chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
when are you going to update this?
its been months already
please update .. im so obsessed with this story lol
PenguinLover33 chapter 10 . 3/9/2014
This story got me hooks within the first few paragraphs of chapter 1! I love it!
Guest chapter 9 . 3/3/2014
Hey there I know you are kindof busy and all but I am so fucking tired of waiting (don't mind the F word) but I like your story so much especially this pls come back and write soon please please waiting eagerly here so waiting for Lance and Cassia pls pls with cherry on the top...
Ester chapter 10 . 1/31/2014
Hiya,
really enjoying this story so far :) I know life, the universe and everything in it has a way of interfering with regular updates, but I'll be keeping a look out for the next chapter! thank you for all of your writing, and best of luck for the future :)
deets1 chapter 10 . 1/20/2014
Hahahahaha. First review of 2014. Anyway-wow. I really like this story.

I don't think any lance-Lloyd shippers will feel like killing you because I feel like most of us can't wait to see him suffer. Don't get me wron-I'm a lance lover but this will be interesting. How will everyone deal with the fact that cassia basically has to prostitute herself to live? Well, some might think that it was her fault because she messed up. Well maybe they might just try to rationalize this that way a bit to ease their guilt. But oh boy lance, maybe jay, Dillon and nick, and some others will feel terrible. And I can't wait to see it. But so F-ing help me if someone blames her or calls her something bad I will kill them. I will reach into the computer and kill them.

That is assuming they do actually end up having sex-you could just be hiding a twist behind the cliff here.

But I do feel really bad for cassia. That was some quick thinking. Three seconds. Well four. I can just see Die Mörder sitting there panicking like oh F we won't make it in time and then... wait why'd he stop? And then some blanch as they realize what's going to happen and lance's eyes harden and maybe he has to leave the room as they have to listen as the night goes on as maybe jack dismisses most of them for cassia's privacy even though a few need to listen for her safety and in case of information and then the walk of so much shame (though really there should be none) in the morning and *breahes* well. My imagination will ride me over until the real thing happens and we see what they'll actually do but oh man so excited.

I've actually kind of lost track of this review.
In any case, I loved this. This is a great and original story. I agree with thee other revuewer who doesn't read crime much. I also haven't read many crime fics at all, except one, which was also good, so yeah anyway this is great. Thank you for continuing to write it, even after seven years.

Deets