Reviews for summer footprints
electrical moon chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Whoa, this is a beautiful poem! I love the imagery.
just dani chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
just like everyone else said, this is absolutely breathtaking. i know exactly that feeling after an incredible day or night knowing that you can never go back to it or even really the emotions you felt from it. i also really love the dandilion line. exquisite piece. favorite!

/dani
coldsunlight chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
melancholy.

sometimes, though, it's nice - taking comfort in certain people who don't change... even after you haven't seen them in months...
beti213 chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
this is nostalgic and sad and appreciative and again, phenominal. my favorite phrases are "you stayed the same while I got changed" and "the grin after dazeddreams." keep it up!
garnetandpearl chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
R.e.a.l.l.y amazing.
mezzie chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
-big sigh- so fantastic

mezzie
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
this is just...beautiful, it really is, and so poignant. it creates this brutally /real/ picture in my head and some of those lines...'the light settled in the corners of our eyes'...perfect.
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This has got to be one of your best poems. It's one of the best poems I've ever read on this site. Pretty much every line is breath-takingly beautiful. I love it, love it, love it.

[we wont ever have / back again.] I really liked the way you use italics here; it's extremely effective. The same thing goes for the second stanza with "rearranged" in bold.

[drifted apart like dandelion / seeds in autumn winds-] One of the most beautiful lines I've seen in a long, long time.

I could very easily copy and paste every line of this poem and talk about much I loved each one and why. I won't do that, though, because it'd take too long. But every line in this is fantastic. It's absolutely overflowing with jaw-dropping figurative language that's original and beautiful. The poem is cute and sweet, thoughtful and nostalgic, and also a little sad. A sense of heartbreak pervades the piece.

Absolutely fantastic poem. Like I said, one of the best poems I've read in a long, long time.

Write on, write on, write on!
water lily nymph chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
there's a little part of everyone that remember's days like those. you did a great job of capturing it. i wish there was a way to freeze the moment and relive it, anytime you want. of course maybe if that were the case, it would be somewhat less magical.

"drifted apart like dandelionseeds in autumn winds" - beautiful. *
Elizabeth Ebony chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
This is wonderfully written,there are some gorgeous lines & i love it to stop writing, . .
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. You painted one of the most real pictures I have ever read here, and I am in love with it. There is something so ...real (to repeat myself) and hazy and summerish about it. Its bittersweet, but not too bittersweet. More halfmasked and faded. This is possibly now my favorite thing that you've written. And I love most of what you write.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
more then Christmas cards and the grin.. than

I love the similies in here.. this is less abstract than a lot of your stuff, which makes it easier to understand and its beautifully written.. one of my favs
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Very lovely. I disagree with other reviewers that it's subtle; to me, it seems to come out and say exactly what it means, which works for this poem. Overally, just a very good piece of writing.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
did i mention i love summer? lol. i love the imagery, and the activities associated with this season. nice work.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
"Light settled in the corners of our eyes."

I cannot begin to explain how perfect that one line alone is.