Reviews for Shadow Soldiers
Anya Tempest chapter 16 . 9/4/2008
It's good to see an update again

...and I loved the unexpected ending lol :)

-Anya
Anya Tempest chapter 15 . 4/8/2008
Hey no problem. My writing project has been on hiatus for, like, 2 years now since I left school. Life gets in the way of writing, that's just the way it is :) Good luck with whatever you do when you leave, by the way. I know how scary it is, but I am so much happier now at uni than I ever was at school - it's a hundred times better. Second year now and loving it!

You're doing work (mostly) in the area of your choice (in my case - digital art, animation and video work! Woohoo!), the tutors tend to treat you more like a person than a little kid, and (in the UK anyway) everyone changes when they leave school - all the whole "clique" ideas just fade away, and people tend to not be so obsessed with popularity etc.

At least, that's my experience. I went from having like one friend (well, sort of a friend) at school to uni where there's a group of about 7 of us who regularly eat lunch and go to classes together.

Anyway. To summarise my rambling, don't worry about not updating, everyone here understands what it's like when you're going through major life-transitions and busyness. And don't worry too much about leaving school either - in the end it's not as scary as you thought it would be. You'll do fine :)

And I look forward to reading more of your story whenever you have the time to write more :)

God bless,

-Anya
Anya Tempest chapter 14 . 6/7/2007
lol nice wee update. However, am a wee bit confused as to why it went from itallic to regular text kind of randomly near the end. Was it just a word-processing error?
Anya Tempest chapter 13 . 5/17/2007
O, and the plot thickens again. Will be interesting to see what happens next.
BriRy chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
i only had time to read your first chapter today, but i walked away intrigued. great job. i'll be back to continue reading what looks like an interesting story. again, keep up the good work (as you continue)
Anya Tempest chapter 12 . 5/15/2007
Sorry its taken me so long - university sucked away all my free time.

My my, so many twists to the story line. the only thing that wierded me out a little was when the story-teller was telkling the story to the little seven-year-old girl, but the story itself had several swear-words in it. I dunno what her parentsd would say lol

It's good that you're bringing in more background to the story-teller as well, mentioning his friends etc.
EugeneSapphire chapter 3 . 4/6/2007
Well that exlains why she hasn't been identified yet! lol. Well, this story is still great so far. Keep it up and I'll keep reviewing! :)
EugeneSapphire chapter 2 . 4/6/2007
Okay, Okay. This chapter was hilarious! I loved the pole part! That was funny. lol. Keep up the good writing! :)
EugeneSapphire chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I liked this chapter. It was very interesting. I'll keep reading. Keep up the good work! :)
Anya Tempest chapter 8 . 2/11/2007
Nice to see you updating again after so long :) It seems to be getting more and more exciting
Anya Tempest chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
Been a while since you updated, but it's as good as ever. Ah, the plot thickens...:)
Anya Tempest chapter 6 . 6/19/2006
This was a good chapter - I really liked the fight scene. However, I did pick up on some errors.

"But, unfortunately, fire’s are just as fickle and fragile as life." - the "fire's" doesn't need an apostrophy.

"A think blanket and funny smelling pillow made up her bed as she shakily laid down, covering herself with the dingy blanket." - that should be "thin"

"Once their missions are complete, the Alliance let’s them die off at the spot they dumped them in." - again, no need for an apostrophy.

"So basically, their the expendable troops that no one gives a shit about?" - that should be "they're".

"Well, their still from the sky…" - again, that should be "they're"

An apostrophy is only used if you're joining two words together, like just there I joined "you" and "are" to make "you're". To make sure you're using it correctly, you should read out the unabbreviated version - if it still makes sense then you've used it correctly.

There were several points where your story was rather choppy, so be careful about how often you use certain words - if a word is used twice in the one sentence it sounds awkward and repeptitive (I think at one point you had the word "bed" twice in the same sentence and stuff), so just watch out for little mistakes (I make them too, you just need to proof-read carefully to catch them).

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
Anya Tempest chapter 5 . 6/5/2006
"Huh? Oh, the crew? Their around here somewhere. " - that should be "they're" because it's an abbreviation of "they are". "Their" is possessive, like "they looked for their car".

“Oh…so he’s a crazy buy with frequent blackouts.” - that should be "guy", simply a little typo.

Another cool chapter - the schizophrenic guy in interesting, I had to study schizophrenia for my Higher Psychology.
Anya Tempest chapter 4 . 5/29/2006
I love the hippie bandit - he cracks me up. Another great chapter, well done.
Anya Tempest chapter 3 . 5/25/2006
I couldn't find a single typo in this whole chapter - well done!

I loved the piece of paper Zefer had with the list - is that her life's "to-do" list?

Thanks for the note at the end - the thought about the man accusing Zefer of having help hadn't occured to me but your explanation made sense.

I'm curious as to how the story-teller fits in to all this...I suppose I'll have to wait and see, won't I?