Reviews for Making the Stars Cry
Isis of Egypt chapter 11 . 11/19/2005
Please don't tell me that you have abandoned this story! It's great and I beg you, if you by any chance can find the time and will to finish it, please do so! I'm sure you would find plenty of people willing to read it, so please try to finish. You are a wonderful writer and I can't wait to see what happens next.
ladybugpoet chapter 11 . 12/23/2003
Wow this is a little bit werid b/c usally i dont get into to things liek this but WOW i started reading it yesterday and the only time i stopped was when i went to sleep then i finished t this mourning! I love redaing so i usaly dont find things im into that often but i love description (like gone with the wind and great expectations) and ur story as so much description i love it! i cant wait for the next chjapter so please HURRY
MindTear chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
wow. very descriptive. most people fail to go into sufficient detail, but you seem to have mastered the art of providing just enough without giving long and boring descriptions of unnecessary and pointless objects. Cira is a very deep character already... with many other characters developing right along with her. You've formed an excellent base for continuation of your story. However, the dialogue of the characters is difficult to understand... you often have conversations without stating who is talking, and it makes it really difficult to understand. When Anne switches people she is talking to, it becomes very necessary to place those people in the context of the dialogue. It slows the pace down a lot, as I had to make sure certain characters were still talking to the same people, or what tone of voice they had. It also provides a lot of characterization having tone and facial descriptions after the dialogue (not that you have trouble characterizing, it just adds a lot to the story) Other than that, I have nothing to say about it. Once you clear that part up, this is a fantastic story. Very intriguing. By the way, the way you use dialogue is better than any other non-professional writers I've read... and the story reads very quickly. You set it out at a high pace, a very difficult thing to maintain... although for some reason I don't think you'll have any difficulty maintaining it. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of it. *sits back* sigh... I'll have to save it for later. I need sleep. MindTear
Draggy-chan chapter 11 . 2/27/2002
*gives xoe a cheesy high five* awesomeness. so nice and dark and melancholy...you're great. xoexoe must write moremore. O.o; tiredness making mind awry. must go sleep. luffly story tho. write moooore!
LookImInvisibleButNot chapter 1 . 2/3/2002
this chapter sure was "interesting"but i still find the needle morbid! the most morbid part of the whole chapter in my opinion! But this comes from the girl that likes poisonous snakes better than *shivers* ants! ew, yucky! tis a beautiful story so far but i keep getting Cira and Clarice mixed up (similar names don't ask)
Farseeker chapter 1 . 1/26/2002
*nods* Very good. Much better than mine. I can only read this chapter right now - I'm multi-tasking - but I'll read the rest later.
Jessica C. Malfoy chapter 11 . 1/1/2002
Time for another review, I'd say.

Good job on the details about the land and such, it helps a person picture it in the mind.

I also liked the last covo about the 'outside-in' or the 'in-outside' _
METMA Mandy chapter 11 . 12/2/2001
*raises eyebrow* Why did Cira just randomly lose her memory? Is she trying to block something out or what? She's such a weeeeeeeeeirdo... *grin* Great chapter! Keep writing!
METMA Mandy chapter 10 . 12/2/2001
Well Li was pretty mean to poor Cira. What's with him carrying Anne's heart around? That's so... ECK! Way beyond disgusting. Yech, xoe! Anyway, splendiforous chapter, great writing, read my last review because this chapter was also a little vague/confusing. Y'know what I mean.
METMA Mandy chapter 9 . 12/2/2001
*sweatdrop* Sorry I haven't read in a while... *backs away* Don't kill me! Keep in mind the point is that I AM reviewing right now, so... yeah. _ *sings* Apocolypse! Anyway, the thing about this story is, thought it is impeccably written, I never have the slightest idea what is going on. The way you write is kind of abstract, and it's like... huh? What? That came out of nowhere! Like, when Cira's suddenly energized, its like... what? I know that part of the point and intrigue of the story is that you don't really know what's going on, but I think maybe for future reference you should be a *teeny* bit less abstract. But I still love this chapter! Very cool, great imagery and writing. The ending is very morbid... and disgusting... but COOL! _ Is this review long enough for you? _
Vienna Chang chapter 2 . 9/23/2001
Wowie... this is getting good... off I go to read the other CHAPS!
Barbara Ann Matteson chapter 8 . 9/22/2001
since I am having a "jolly" day, i thought i would write a note to XOE (who left her mark scratched into a banana tree in Sidney's Botanical Garden):

to my favorite author,

glad you got unblocked (high fiber diet or kaopectate? so we could enjoy your chapter 8!

breath rising-chilled smoke - clever, yet simple use of imagery

i notice that a cheek got kissed again..this time with the tip of a sword

the wild boar came and went quickly

ok...move it along with Cira...she needs some action now

well done once again lauren!
METMA Mandy chapter 8 . 9/22/2001
Ah, xoe. This story is really great! Between the suspense of wondering who's trying to kill Cira, and the evil destruction popping up all over the place, readers could keel over reading this. But, they'd die happy. ;) It's really good, xoe, good bustime reading. I wonder what will happen? *pulls on xoe's shirt* Tell me! Tell me! Oh why won't you tell me? Oh well. You better keep on writing this, because it's splendorific! I really liked Decymber's name, and Cira's denial. Heheh. Her mental state is soooo screwed. :) OK, i think this review is long enough for you. It's only fair, to have a long review for a long fic! :) Just promise me one thing - when you publish it, use bigger font! Mandy
freffy chapter 8 . 9/21/2001
cool..weird..i like it.. now im goin a go on and on and on and on..im tired from going on and on..ill go take a nap..wait, i just took a nap and thats why i missed my homecoming. today we had a pep rally it sucked though cause we didnt even get the spirit stick..i think the sophmores got it..i had to sit by correy and that kid annoyed the bejesus out of me the entire time i see him.. you know who else annoys me? chris bruton. you probably dont know him but he sits next to me in geometry. i dont like my geometry teacher. i wore my male lesbian shirt and she gave me dirty looks all through class.

we have to take notes on EVERYTHING. we never have to take notes in english. cool especialy when she said courtney was too immature for the class. she is..the entire time we were supposed to watch romeo and juliet she was showing off her t&a to TJ. it was kinda funny cause she has this ghetto booty. she was shakin it all through american government.i know her brother and hes nothing like her. thats probably a good ting since there should never ever ever be 2 courtneys. ok i think im done now.. i used to do this during church and my youth person would get so pissed at me
Meina chapter 7 . 7/15/2001
wow...really good so far.I hope you continue characters and plot are well put together and it's very well written. I saw your post in the forum but i'm happy to have read this so you can read my stuff at your leisure or not at up the good work.
62 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »