Reviews for A n o r e x i a
magnusthewolf chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
interesting and sad little poem
Rosanna28 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Very real, I know what you're talking about. Beautiful poem.

Much love, Rosanna.
atreyu love chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
wow. nice.
apromptedpoet chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
I can totally relate to this poem && understand exactly what it's like to want to be thinner. I don't know if you've been through it, but if you haven't I'm pleasently surprised at how well you described the way people feel when they're in this situation.

"Her sick desire to be perfect/She looks into the mirror && hates what she sees/Though there is nothing left of her" I think is a really great way to put the (I hate to say this) "illnes" (ugh) into words.

You did a really great job, && I shall be off to read more! I shall be one of your biggest fans from now on.

*worships*

Much Love-Suicidal_Greeting
queenvixta chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Wow so powerfully written. Brilliant piece. I think it's so sad that society forces us to be 'perfect' when we are all perfect in our own way and we don't need to be stick thin and gorgeous to prove it. Well done with this and sorry for ranting! Vx
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
i like this.. it's very sadly true.. i can relate.. beautifully done
a lonely september chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
this makes me so much, because its everywhere and it's not fair. everyone around me is feeling like this. and it's just not right. i cant say im above this all, this stupid superficial image importance the whole 'i have to be skinny i have to be beautiful' thing but it's horrible and i hate it. this poem tells it, too. it's very good.
Sorrowful Dreams chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
very good stuff here. I wish people would just love each other for who they are on the inside, not the out.

~Sorrow~
Annaece's Forsaken Corpse chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
Wow, the line 'no guy wants a fat girl', something that a lot of girls believe. Reminds me of how I felt about myself a few years ago xP. Not a good feeling, great work.
method acting chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
You mixed up the subjects. She...I? Whatever. Artistic? Maybe. I agree wholeheartedly with Lie to Me/I-love-you-for-it. I mean, anorexia is a complex, not just something some angsty teen can decide she has because she wants to look better. There's a fine line between extreme diet and anorexia. A fine line, but a line none the less. I mean, the actual diagnosed condition is so totally untouched. It's not society. That's bullshit. Aorexia existed ages back. "The starving sickness" Where people WOULD NOT eat. COULD NOT eat. Urah. Again, you bend formating to your will and use it nicely. Fine job.
AllyCred chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
I like this, so many people can relate. I know i can, many people will thank you for writing this, well done this is excellent!
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I remember the days...

Before little pink pills and doctors who diagnosed depression as a disease, when you could starve yourself and not be considered ABNORMAL because /no one really cared/ you looked out for yourself and if you were different...you were just a freak. Not someone who should be put in a mental institution.
soitisdone chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Not a bad effort, i liked this, but in the same breathe, it could be better.

My advice, take out the line "300 calories equals 5,0 push ups" and don't be affraid to you use punctuation. Things such as useing " (sorry the name of these things elludes me at this present moment) when shes talking to herself. This would serve to separate the narrator and the character, even though the reader will do this themselves (in time), using the correct punctuation would allow the reader to do this instantaneously. Also, i think there should be a colon after "No guy wants a fat girl". But all this is just trivial really, but would help your poem be complete. Nice work
randompoetry chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Wow. Painful. Sad. Emotional. Wonderfully written.