Reviews for Giving Up
abbsi chapter 19 . 8/14/2009
I won't say it was rushed, per se. It's just the pace of the story up to the last chapter/epilogue is one way, and then all of the romance/tension centered on the main character is resolved solely in the "epilogue", in a couple of quick overview sentences. It feels almost like an after thought.

I can understand that you wanted to get it out there, but, honestly, if you don't feel it, maybe it should wait? Also, the way it's written, the break-up/make-up of Dylan and Libby makes no sense. There seems no reason that they would break-up, live together platonically without being at each other's throats from sexual tension (and yes, even laid back people after a while get cranky from it), and then suddenly get back together without ever discussing whatever made them break up.

Okay, to summarize, my biggest problem with this story is that it feels like it's really Ra and Brandon's story from the pacing, the central conflict, etc.

After all that, so you don't think I'm trashing your story and feel dissed or insulted or sad, I did like the story. I liked the play of the characters against each other and I liked the depth of the character development.
yeah chapter 19 . 8/7/2009
i hate you, this story was horrible, incosistant, and just plain annoying. WHAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT? It sux.
Masquerade hide your face chapter 19 . 8/4/2009
Oh My Goodness. This is really good. Your a really good writer. Yep, you were totaly blessed with writing talent. Write more stories, there good!
jenni-tay chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
really good
Arabella Knightfair chapter 19 . 6/25/2009
That was interesting. I enjoyed reading it. Although I was a little disappointed at the end, not only because it was rushed but because I felt like it missed the important parts, like who she chose in the end and why, the build up to realizing who she liked and stuff, and the actual drama of the story! Also because I was rooting for her and Skylar lol.
ke.15 chapter 9 . 5/27/2009
ok, um. love the story, but it's the the partheon that they want to visit... they could've gone to the the paNtheon... or the parthenon... two different things. but there is not partheon in greece.
JUST ReLAX chapter 19 . 5/25/2009
ahh i just read the whole story, it was so god and so sweet
HoPELeSS.RoMaNTiiC chapter 19 . 4/30/2009
I really enjoyed this story but the ending, for me, was rushed.

A few chaps seemed a bit rushed as well but other than that, well done.!.
rain chapter 19 . 4/18/2009
this was okay

it was a good plot but a lot was just left out

there was no relationship build up, so maybe you could work on that

in addition, the whole "i hate soccer" thing in the begining i thought was going to play more of a role in this story

there are just some comments for you to improve on

good job though - you seem to have spent quite some time on this

cheers
TanaBanana chapter 19 . 4/14/2009
Okay. Loved it! i know you probably hear this alot but its true. I read you're story from first chapter to last chapter non stop! Amazing work! I actually liked the ending. (i am a writer myself and know its hard to not do a rushed ending.) I thought that it was good though. I'm glad that she ended up with Dylan! comepletely he was soo right for her! Awesome work! Keep it up:):):):)
slee5133 chapter 19 . 3/5/2009
cute fun read. :D
styling16 chapter 19 . 2/26/2009
...

T_T

i wish you gave out a little more detail about the marriage.

but great story though
styling16 chapter 5 . 2/25/2009
the last part was so funny! i like Raquel
Erica71167 chapter 19 . 2/13/2009
You had me so nervous! I wanted her with Dylan so I wasn't disappointed with the ending. Good story!
3DarkGoddess3 chapter 19 . 1/27/2009
I laughed so hard while reading this. It was GREAT. I was happy it was Dylan in the end.
480 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »