Reviews for The Reaper
HitchSlap chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Fantastic. Loved the play on words. That really took me on a trip.
Slightly Obsessive chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Interesting imagery and idea.
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Oh, my... this gave me a feeling of quiet yet tense darkness upon a rolling ship. Beautiful. New entry in my favorites.

Keep writing; you have beautiful talent.

D Maranwe Telrunya
Stormie Greye chapter 1 . 9/4/2006
Dark, chilling, and extraordinary. Beautiful rhythm, dark descriptions. Speechless. :) Bravo!
super happy nuclear girl chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
This is good. Sinister and chilling, it really made me shiver a little. I love the line 'Only dead men tell no tales, save for morbid fairy tales'. Its a well written poem, nice pace and wonderful imagry :)
if.these.bullets.could.talk chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Wonderful. I caught myself swaying along to the rhythm (however odd that may be). I love the enchantment and mystery about this piece. Keep writing!

ex oh ex

- Lacey
McKenzie Drestire chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
'Only dead men tell no tales, save for morbid fairy tales'. Lovely, is a strange twisted sort of way.

Peace out, kenzie
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Very good. Like Edgar Allen Poe, but more... gruesome, I suppose. Very wicked. I really liked this.

Daze
Chaotic0ne chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
Very dark, dreary, gruesome, and wicked. In short, it's awesome. You rock. I like the imagery... I find myself imagining the Reaper standing in the night under the full moon, his scythe reflecting it's light and his black cloak waving in the wind. At least, that's what your poem made me think of. Well done! (PS: Sorry for copping out and reviewing your poem instead of your stories... You have my personal promise that I'll read and review them.)
amature god chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
i like it very reminiscent of an edgar allen poe type writting... the repeating line i thought was very creative. your way with words is very impressive. you really do a good job portraying what is ment to the reader.

i think that this poem or song as it was looking like could be added on too still; but only another verse to give it more concluscion.

anyways overall a very well written piece of work. its good to see someone using that style still.
Randomisation chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
im nt sure i understand it - but im nt a particularly perceptive person... I reeli like it though. reeli cool imagery nd stuff - atmospheric
La Vida chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Mystical with a morbid tone. You're one of the few poets on this site who know how to rhyme well (I don't claim to be one of them). I think I just hit gold.
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
"Only dead men tell no tales, save for morbid fairy tales." lovely. The poem kind of reminded me of vampires. Eh... maybe it's just me? Sort of like dark love mixed with anger. Oh... that's like a disaster waiting to happen. It kind of makes me think: dun, dun, dun.

Very good poem :)