Reviews for A Scrapbook of Autumn
Gathering Crows chapter 36 . 6/29/2007
Again, beautiful. I love how you are the tree, and I love your first line, "Maple me red-leaved". It has a nice rhythm to it. I also love your ending. "Build me a world...". LOVE.
Gathering Crows chapter 35 . 6/29/2007
Okay, this is..beautiful. I can see what you are describing, and I love how you create this image of their eyes, and their bodies that "blot out horizons".
Gathering Crows chapter 34 . 6/28/2007
I really like this one, writing about writer's block. I love how you present it as a staring contest because it is. That paper just sits there, challenging you. I also love the "half-imagined tails" and "basilisk eyes". Nice Batman.
flaming pickadilly chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
This is really good. I was or I am going to write a poem on autumm its my favorite season. Dont worry I wont steal any ideas. You are really good could you review my poem Frustration or the other one break all bonds of death it would be good to get some valid opinions I already have some but its nice to see what pl think again a really nice poem like it alot.
Gathering Crows chapter 33 . 5/19/2007
This is...amazing. I don't really have words quite yet. I love how you use unusual pairings to create an image. The "pine tree days", "paper lovers", and the last two lines...*love* you get a really big hug. *HUG*
Sword On Fire chapter 33 . 5/18/2007
Sweet, slow, soft, sad. Perfect for a rainy day like this one. I especially like the line "the one with the map of this world on it". Maybe it's 'cause I just saw the new SG-1 and SGA episodes ...

Anyways, very nice poem. Keep writing!
Gathering Crows chapter 32 . 5/18/2007
I like this. It very much shows the "ease" of finishing something...it's the beginning that's the hard part. I like how you use theater and the imagery. I love "paper mosquitoes" for some reason. I just keep picturing minute origami bugs. Love it, as always.
Sword On Fire chapter 32 . 5/18/2007
Very, very nice. I like the "paper mosquitos" bit a lot. Haven't heard from you in a while - how are things?

P.S. Mrs Garcia says she misses you!
Sword On Fire chapter 31 . 4/26/2007
Wow. That was really creepy and really good. I like it. Haven't heard from you in a while; wassup? Spring being good to you? It's a cruel mistress that she serves here in Massachusetts, that it is.

No, I haven't been re-reading the last 10 books of RuroKen lately, why do you ask?
Gathering Crows chapter 31 . 4/26/2007
Awesomeness. I love how you used the chant-like style, it seems sorta like a Native American or African myth. I also love the ideas and the parentheses. Also, the vultures with men's hands. Awesome. Just...awesome. *HUG*
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 30 . 3/11/2007
Really interesting idea. I love the personification in this piece. It feels masculine. I've always thought it was interesting how words can really make a piece feel feminine or masculine, & you definitely have the masculinity down here. And I feel like I'm back in 1930, too. It's interesting. Keep writing! :)
Gathering Crows chapter 30 . 3/9/2007
...Cool. What exactly was the inspiration? I like how you used the metaphor of father to son (scientist to bomb/creation). Very well done. BOOM.
Sword On Fire chapter 30 . 3/7/2007
Was this meant to be a eulogy for, like, the atmoic bomb? If it was, that's kinda creepy. But in a good way. I mean, you achieved the tone well, and the mood is really penetrative.

P.S. In Creative Writing class, we're doing the love-poem-that-never-tells-love, and one of the examples Mrs. Garcia showed us was your poem, "Ache". _
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Really interesting idea for a piece. I love the idea of scrapbooking months. That's fantastic. Some great language in this - I especially liked the bit about claiming plausible deniability, like there was a crime committed or something. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Sword On Fire chapter 29 . 3/2/2007
I liked the way you made this slow and sad. It fit my mood perfectly, just like the music does.

But I think, in the fourth line of the second stanza, you meant to say "moUrns".
109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »