Reviews for A Scrapbook of Autumn
Gathering Crows chapter 29 . 3/1/2007
...This was amazing. It had a very quiet, powerful sadness to it. I love how you phrased "coffin calm" and "a world that doesn't know it burned down long ago". Also, I love the imagery with the "neatly lined fields as far as the eye can see". However typo: that "the" has a Y hitching a ride. Otherwise, love it. Quiet and soft, it walks softly and whacks you with a big stick.
Xerophyte chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I absolutely adore this. It just generally has a really cool concept. I love the idea of remembering phrases rather than pieces of our lives. Your imagery is amazing.

I would still love to submit to Stop The Press, and I think I finally will. I'm an oboist, and January through the beginning of March is incredibly busy with auditions and honor bands. Hopefully I will be able to write something for the next issue.

Sorry for the short review, but Latin homework calls.

-Xerophyte
Gothshake chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Well done.

Plainly well done. :)
Gathering Crows chapter 28 . 1/25/2007
I like this one a lot, and I'm glad you posted it. I like how you used the language, and the habits to form a picture, tying in reality with fantasy. And if it's what I think it's about, you really got the emotions right, the worry, and the fear, and the bravado. *hug* You're totally not a gay tin man *grin*
Gathering Crows chapter 27 . 1/25/2007
...*HUG*
Sword On Fire chapter 28 . 1/24/2007
This one could almost be a story. But I like how you turned it into a poem.
Sword On Fire chapter 27 . 1/23/2007
Hee. I like the idea of you having a "car-dealer smile". I also like the poem. It's ... I don't know. Soothing, maybe. Like the rhythm of spinning. Words on words under words within words ...

Great. Now, why did you go and make my eloquence shine through like a lightbulb behind thin cloth?
Sword On Fire chapter 26 . 1/22/2007
Sweet, slow, and sad. Perfect for a snowy night.
Gathering Crows chapter 26 . 1/22/2007
...this is amazing imagery. I love the concept and the language. *HUG*
bipedalcooney chapter 25 . 1/6/2007
I can really relate to this poem. It's very well written too; I love how the last line ends the poem abruptly. It makes the reading think further about the piece and its message. Stunning work here, keep writing!
bipedalcooney chapter 23 . 1/6/2007
Amazingly written, I LOVE this piece. The detail and thought in this is beautifully brought through by your choice of words. I especially love the line, "(If I hold it all the way out, My nail covers the big dipper.)" Great work here, definatley keep writing.
Sword On Fire chapter 24 . 1/4/2007
Neat. Cool and gentle, just like the night. I could totally see the wind dreaming of "me", dreaming of her.
Gathering Crows chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Hiya, just wanted to make a comment. I was rereading your profile and..."The first rule of Fight Club is that we do not talk about Fight Club. Ever. The second rule of Fight Club is that we DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB" I'm a gonna go be geeky now

-Ninja
Sword On Fire chapter 25 . 1/4/2007
Nice. Poignant, touching, and cutting in its truth. I liked the fourth stanza; the predatory references made me grin. Also, the way it can go around and around and around in a circle is cool, too.
Marionette Dancer chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
i really liked this. i dont have time to leave a more detailed comment, but i like the style of this. i'll keep reading and remember to leave more detailed comments when i have time!
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »