Reviews for Crown of Blood
IlkarElvenmage chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Hey there. Love your story. Very intense feeling ad zero errors. I love the myths of Achilles. You saw Troy by Brad? it's awesome, but I can't see it with full stomach. Greek myths are my fav, I like Perseus, Pegasus, Athena my fav drop my stories a review. I've written some about dragons and shapeshifters. )
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
This is a powerful, powerful story. The women in Greek mythology have about the same track record as the men, for coming out with a happy ending (that is, most have unhappy endings). This story takes one of the hardest events of the Trojan war to cope with and makes it a tragedy- he killed his daughter to gain a favorable wind. It's beautiful- even in the classic death sequence, there is no melodrama. Just- heartbreak.
StormDancer chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
This is really good! I never really thought of it that way, but this is a good angle. I just have one question. Wasn't Iphegenia saved by Artemis at the last moment and whisked away to a different land? Anyway, great writing!
dreaming star chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
it's a nice little oneshot, though a bit sad. Poor, forgotten wife. You, Ann and i all seem to love taking the perspective of the women in Greek mythology, huh? I would have to complain about the constant switching of tenses, which made my had spin. And it does that already trying to help edit Ann's tense use.